Chapter 14

~Mahdi~

Seeing Sera safe made me happy. Now I was worried for Astrid. I don't know her well, but I know her well enough that her and Des are in love. There wasn't much I could do sitting here on a bed. Then again, I couldn't move from the bed.

Sera stayed by my side until it was time for her to go. I didn't want her to leave, but we both needed rest in order to get better.

It was hard to believe that Sera and I were actually married now. There had been so much going on that we haven't had enough time to actually do what a married couple do. Let alone be together. It seems as if the gods hate us. Like they want us to be apart. That we aren't meant to be.

Slowly, I drift off to sleep. It was full of dreams, and nightmares.

The one that sticks to me most is of Sera.

She is giving birth, and there are two little boys standing nearby. I'm holding Sera's hand, as Becca and Ling help Sera. I can sense great panic in the room. Looking up I see a hole in the ceiling. There on the other side is the duca and his sister.

There is big forces of pounding on the door coming in. For some reason I sense it's Lucia coming in. I turn to find the duca jumping into the water with a small vial. I see a tiny tail. A baby girl. Sera and I only hold the child for brief seconds in order to give her a name. We each kiss her on the head, and hand her to the duca.

Sera stops him, and hands him a necklace for the girl. The duca takes her to the surface where he pours the vial on her tail. I watch as a bright light surrounds her tail, and they turn into legs and feet. The duca quickly takes her out of the water and onto dry land where his sister takes her.

"We'll find a place far from this to keep her safe," the duca says.

We both nod. He leaves the water leaving the two boys, Sera, Ling, Becca, and myself. Sera twists and sobs into my arm.

The pounding on the door becomes stronger. Sera changes instantaneously, and we prepare for the worst.