Chapter 18

~Lucia~~One Week Later~

One week since I sent out the troops, but all of the girls managed to get away. The troops all showed up empty handed. Needless to say, there were many punishments handed out. None of which were all too pleasing for them.

My plan had been ruined. I had no leverage under Sera and her friends. I needed something. So it was time I made a visit to an old friend.

"Lucia," a voice said within the shipwreck. "It's been a long time."

I can remember it clearly. This is where I sacrificed Bianca. That was the last time I was here. Now I was back, and the reasoning hasn't changed.

"Yes it has been," I reply swimming up to the mermaid.

"Let me guess. It's Serafina again. You want to destroy her don't you?"

"How could you possibly know?" I said sarcastically. "I want to find a weak spot, I want to be able to take Sera down."

The mermaid thought for a few minutes about my request. I knew she was going to ask for payment. So I gathered all the curensa I could find in our vaults. Hopefully that would be enough.

"I'm assuming you brought payment." I hold out the large satchel bag. The mermaid swam up and opened it. She looked pleased with what she saw. "This will be enough."

The mermaid swam deep into the shipwreck this time, returning with a few items. She set them down on a table, and gestures for me to sit down, so I did. The mermaid then got to work. Pouring things, and mixing until a blue light emitted from the bowl she was using.

"Well I'm glad to tell you that you now have a weak spot for your Serafina problem. She is now expecting a child. She's so early it's hardly even a baby yet."

The mermaid pours the liquid onto a small crystal that was placed in the center of the table. There I found Mahdi laying in his bed in Matali, and Sera sitting in a chair next to his bed holding his hand. This infuriated me. Barely married a month and already expecting.

"There's more. Mahdi and Serafina have been having the same dream. It's telling them what their future is going to be. I cannot tap into this dream due to the fact it is someone else's magic, and not my own, and not the magic I practice."

"What do I need to do to take down Serafina and Mahdi?" I ask growing impatient with the answers I was getting.

The mermaid works for a few minutes before responding. "Right now you can do nothing. Hide, practice your magic, and grow your army. There will be a time when you know you will have to attack. Then you will be able to reclaim the seas for yourself."

I smile to myself. "Do you know when this time will be?"

"A few years from now. Serafina will have two children, and will be expecting her third. This is when you will attack." Years?! There is no way I am waiting that long to make my move on Sera. "I know what you are thinking. These years will fly by. What you must do in the meantime is stir up Miromara, and Matali. Then all the waters of the world will be in outrage. This will force Serafina and Mahdi into hiding, but you will know where to find them."

I couldn't believe it. I know had a plan to take down Serafina once and for all. With her gone I will be able to take over the seas with no one to stop me.

"Thank you so much for this," I say as I get ready to swim out.

"Anything. If it has to do with taking over the waters of the world I'm the person to come to. I also wanted to ask how are you? I sense pain boiling inside of you."

"I'll be fine once Serafina and Mahdi are gone for good."

With that I swim out of the shipwreck, and back to the base.