Sammy

Sammy ran, dodging between the drunk wards and stoners,  just trying to put as much distance between herself and the hospital as possible. 

She had ditched her speeder about 2 miles back and hadn't stopped running since. A Jedi had started following her shortly after she had shot the doctor and then sent a poorly aimed shoot at Yoda. 

She had immediately jumped onto her speeder, but the Jedi was fast. She had had to cause about five major accidents to put a good distance in between them, plus another three to get to the lowest levels of Coruscant. Then you had to count her technically crashing her own speeder onto the landing pad and leaving a little present for the Jedi.... 

She hadn't seen the Jedi since ditching (crashing) her speeder, but better safe than sorry. 

Sammy look up at the shops she passed. 'The Gill bar, the Magi strip, just a little bit further...ah ha' Sammy slowed to a casual stroll and waltzed into the Sandy Castle.

A cool breeze hit Sammy as she unlocked and opened the side door located about halfway down the lobby of the Sandy Castle hotel, hidden behind a vending machine next to the bathrooms. The door was a way for bounty hunters to get in and out of their rooms without being seen. 

Sammy stepped out into the closed courtyard. The courtyard was a hidden luxury for bounty hunters, made by the original Hotel owner Seth Court. A lesser known bounty hunter who earned most of his living by protecting bounty hunters instead of doing bounties.

 A bounty hunter could pay for a key and use the courtyard to get to any floor or, for people like Sammy, could access a permanent room located around the courtyard. 

Sammy made her way to the far left square and unlocked B-2. Her and Sidney's permanent residence at the Sandy Castle. The door squeaked open and Sammy fell face first onto the nearest bed, kicking the door closed behind her. 

Sammy sighed as she rolled over, pulling off her hat and letting her dark brown hair roll down just past her shoulders. Normally her hair looked like chocolate from a fountain, but after being pulled up in the hat and not being washed for four days it now had the consistency of mud.

 "Honestly how did I end up in this type of mess." Sammy muttered to herself, as she pulled off her boots and socks throwing them wherever. 

Sidney normal liked to keep things ridiculously clean. It was her way of telling if someone had messed with her stuff. 

Sammy took the 'If you can't find my stuff, you can't mess with it' approach. 

Unfortunately for her, Sidney always won because she was two years older. 

Sammy made her way to the back of the small apartment, throwing her black trench coat onto her bed as she passed by it, revealing her thin frame. She gentle hung up her 3600 sniper rifle on the rack by her bed. She sighed, falling down, the bed thumping as her back collided with it. 

 Sammy closed her eyes and drifted off into sleep.

                                                                                      •••
The waves rocked back and forth leaving a trail of foam in their wake. A little girl screamed in joy as the cold water touched her feet running away as the water retreated only to immediately return and do it again. A little farther up the shore a man with his arm linked around a woman's waist laughed.  The woman smiled as she looked at the little girl and then at the bundle in her arms.
                                                                                *******
The festival square was crowded. Four girls ran, ducking between between booths and people, laughing. 

"Catch me if you can" came tauntingly from the girl in the front. 

" Not Fair" came the cry from the smallest girl in the back.   "I'm always It". 

                                                                                  ****
Smoke came through the doorway. Two girls clamped up next to each other trying to hide themselves behind the cloaks. A third sat pressed up by the door, holding a blaster that was too big for her. Tears streamed down all of their checks. Flashes of blue against red came from the crack underneath the door. And then darkness, and smoke.

                                                                                 *****
Two girls ran in an alleyway. The older pulling the younger by her hand. The sounds of the festival were getting farther away. Both girls were panting, they glanced behind seeing a shadowy figure holding a blaster still following them. 

                                                                                  *****
A girl walked through a house that was cut, sliced, and burning finding the most important things. She picked up a small safe from the drawer in the front room and a photograph or two that had burn marks on them. She came to the back of the house where peace officers wouldn't let her continue. A tall dark skinned man came out, he whispered to the girl handing her two rings and extended a silver hilt toward her.

                                                                                    *****
The room was pristine white. One girl laid asleep in a chair the other rocked back and forth, eyes going back and forth between the girl on the bed and the monitor. The monitor went crazy, the sleeping girl jolted awake as nurses and doctors came into the room crowding the bed.

                                                                                   *******
Dirt and grim covered two girls walked towards a ship with lots of other dirt and grim covered people. They shared a look, determination set in their eyes and walked onto the ship with confidence. 

                                                                                  ********
The sun hung high in the sky. Melting a girl in a black dress who is already drowning in her tears. The procession is long and full of tears. The girl is held back by a tall, dark skinned man's hand on her shoulder. After the procession and the crowd is gone she is lead to the tombs. She looks to the left and sees another girl. Looking at three closed tombs, she knows one reads, C. M. N. She is led to her right where four coffins lay closed. One, has her initials, R. J. N., engraved into it.
                                                                                     •••

Sammy jolted upright. Sweat brimming down her forehead. She looked at her surroundings, seeing everything flecked with spots until she blinked out all of the sweat from her eyes.

'Breath, just breath..... its over now' Sammy attempted to reassure herself. 

'A shower, thats what you need, a nice cool shower....'.

Sammy stood up, dots still clouding her vision, she put out her arms and fell towards the wall. 

"We, we,.... we need to end this."

" We need to end what Sammy?" 

Sammy jumped turning around, reaching down to grab a blaster that wasn't there, and cursed seeing a green lightsaber blade hung right in front of her neck.