Chapter 5

-Elena's POV-

Everyone was gathered around or in the pool and Zendaya started us off with Truth or Dare. "Uhhh, Tony, truth or dare?"
"Umm, dare," Tony grinned as he said it.
"I dare you to kiss the prettiest girl here that's not me, in case I was who you were thinking of," Zen smirked.
"Okaaaay," Tom dragged. "We are not drunk enough for that."
Several people laughed and Laura got up from her chair on the deck and went inside. She came back a moment later with a 12 pack of beer and passed one to everyone.
"First, a toast to our newcomer," Harrison tipped his can at me, smiling goofily. "To Elena!"
Everyone cheered and drank. I hadn't even opened mine yet. I was old enough, but I didn't want to drink. And I also didn't want to tell them that. So I carefully set mine aside and smiled, hoping no one noticed.
"Now!" Zen called. "Do your dare, Tony!"
Everyone watched in anticipation, the girls a little less than the boys, as Tony got out of the pool, the music still pounding in the background, and headed straight for Laura. He reached her and leaned down, planting a gentle and quick kiss on her lips before backing up, a grin all over his face.
"Wow," Laura seemed surprised, but also pleased.
Everyone was cheering and clapping and the turn was left to a stupidly grinning Tony. But before he could ask someone truth or dare, a thud sounded and out of the double doors marched Robert Downey Jr. followed by Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, and Chris Hemsworth. My jaw almost dropped, because I knew none of them were in this movie except maybe Robert, so I had no idea why they would be here.
"Took you long enough," Tom laughed, pulling himself onto the deck from the deep end of the pool. Without the help of a ladder. It was all him.
I watched as his muscles rippled and clenched as he pulled himself up out of the water. It was mesmerizing for some reason, watching the water drip down his perfectly toned skin as he walked over to Robert and the others, greeting them all with a smile.
I shook my head to clear the fog from it, looking into the water and anywhere else that wasn't Tom's abs.
"Glad you made it," I heard Tom say as I avoided looking in his direction.
"Where else would we be when you've got a party for a new cast mate!" I listened as Robert's ever present smirk could almost be heard from across the pool.
"Hey," I heard Tom say, and I assumed he was greeting everyone else as well. "Grab your suits and get in, we just got started with a game of truth or dare."
"Oh dear, I had better sit this one out," Robert said, chuckling.
"You're the exception, everyone else is required to play."
Everyone chattered and laughed for several minutes until the new arrivals were settled in or by the pool with the rest of us. Then we started again.
"Alright, uhh, Scarlett, truth or dare?" Tony asked.
"Truth," she replied without a second of hesitation.
The game went on for several hours, me being asked more times than I generally should have been, and each time I had said truth because I didn't trust anyone here to give me a fair dare. Then the choice landed to Katelyn, who had just been dared to chug yet another beer.
"Elena, truth or dare?" She asked me.
I figured it would be harmless to get one dare from my best friend.
"Dare," I replied after a moments contemplation.
"Ooo, she finally comes out with a dare!" Haz teased me from over by Zendaya, laughing.
"Shut up," I replied playfully, rolling my eyes and looking back at Kate.
"I dare you to..."
Uh-oh, I just realized that it probably wasn't a good idea to say dare, because pretty much everyone was drunk, including Katelyn.
"Sit on Tom's lap for the rest of the night, as close to him as possible," Kate grinned drunkly.
I was going to kill her in the morning, although I hoped that no one would remember much of tonight because of the alcohol.
"Ugggghhhh," I groaned.
She was saying this because at this point Tom had gotten out of the pool, and he was sitting on the edge with his feet still in the water, and he was still over by me. I looked up at him from where I was in the water and tried to keep myself from blushing. He was smiling gently at me, a bit of uncertainty written on his face. He reached out a hand and pulled me from the water to sit next to him.
"Unless you wanna take the chicken. Which, as we all already know, is chugging three beers in a row. And I already know you don't wanna do that because you haven't even opened your first one from earlier tonight," Kate smirked at me from the other side of the pool.
Oh I was really going to kill her now. I was praying that no one had noticed I hadn't drunk anything tonight, but of course my best friend notices everything I do.
I just glared at her, before turning my head to look at Tom. He was already looking at me, and I remembered I was still in a bikini. Great. I have to sit on the lap of a really hot guy, while he's not wearing a shirt, and while I'm in nothing but a bikini.
"You sure you're okay with this," he asked quietly so that only I could hear him.
"Y-Yeah," my voice shook with uncertainty, but I slid over onto his lap anyway, settling into a comfortable position for both of us. He put his arms around my waist so that I wouldn't fall off of him back into the pool, and I leaned my side against him while I put my arm around his neck for extra balance. He was quite comfortable to be completely honest, and once I got over my nervousness, I relaxed. A little.
The game continued for about another hour, and to my surprise, I wasn't asked by anyone after that one dare. I guess everyone got what they wanted me to do. I rolled my eyes and contained my inner groan.
"What?" Tom whispered in my ear, making me jump a little. I could feel his warm breath on my neck and it sent a shiver down my back making me shrink into myself a bit.
"Nothing," I muttered, refusing to turn my head and look at him. I could feel how close he was to me. I could practically feel his smile on my neck he was that close. I didn't understand why any of this was happening, because we just met this morning, and now... well, this.
"When'd you get the tattoo?" His voice made me jump again.
I had a tattoo of the infinity symbol right over my collarbone and I guess he noticed. Although the fact that he noticed meant that he was looking at me, and in a region that made butterflies flutter in the pit of my stomach.
"A couple years ago," I answered quietly, my throat dryer than the Sahara.
"I like it," I knew he was smiling.
"Hey, guys! It's almost 2:30 am, I think everyone should either go home or go to bed," Robert laughed from his chair by the pool, pulling me out of my thoughts of the current situation.
To no one's surprise, everyone agreed. And about twenty minutes later, all of the guests were gone and the four of us who were staying here were standing looking at the empty house.
"Well, I guess that's that," Haz slurred, leaning against the kitchen counter for support. He was so drunk.
"Yup," Kate agreed. She was also extremely drunk.
I looked at Tom and rolled my eyes. He chuckled and grabbed Harrison, helping him up the stairs. I grabbed Kate and followed. I dropped her on her chair and threw some dry clothes at her from her bag. She took them and started changing as I went out the door and into my own room.
I sat down on my chair and let out a big sigh, setting my head in my hand and my elbow on the desk. I was jolted by a light knock on the door between my own room and Tom's, and I stood up. Opening the door to reveal Tom leaning against the doorframe.
"Hey," he said softly.
"Hey," I looked at the carpet.
"You alright?" he asked and moved closer to me as he did so. His accent was soothing and it calmed down my nerves from the entire day, making me feel relaxed and... safe, I guess is another word for it.
"I g-guess," My voice was a little shaky because he was so close to me.
"You haven't changed yet, you look freezing," he sounded concerned.
"Well, my shirt kinda got wet," I fake laughed, trying to make a point.
"Oh," he rubbed the back of his neck. "Here."
He walked back into is room for a moment and came back with a navy blue T-shirt that he handed to me.
"Thanks," I sent him a small smile as I started to turn back to my room.
Before I started walking, however, I felt a hand grab my own gently and I turned back to Tom. He wasn't looking at me, but at his hand gripping mine, and I grew a little flustered.
"Are you sure you're okay?" He finally looked at me, eyes boring into my own.
I swallowed hard, not knowing what to say to him. I knew that I really wasn't okay, but at the same time, I was really happy about this job.
"Yeah," I finally said, taking my hand out of his and turning back to my room again. "Goodnight, Tom."
"Goodnight," he replied and I shut the door between our rooms.
I took off my swimsuit and put on some underwear before sliding on the shirt Tom had given me. It was a little big on me because he was taller and larger than I was, but I liked it. It was soft and light, and it smelled like him.
I lay down in bed under the soft covers and relaxed, finally able to do so knowing that I was safe.
Or so I thought.