Back to Square One

FLORENCE WAS MAJORLY UPSET that Jane had failed to get the wand, now Jane was complaining to her new "friends" about what her mother had told her early. Florence, however didn't have time for anyone else's problems, her gateway to the wand was a complete failure. She was back to square one.

"Mom said, if a boy can't see the beauty within, then he's not worth it." Jane complained. "Can you believe it? What world does she live in?"

"Auradon." Florence told her, without looking up from the small craft in her hand she was making.

"It brings out your eyes." She commented simply.

"I know." Evie smiled.

"I'll never get a boyfriend." Jane complained.

"Boyfriends are overrated." Mal said in her bitter tone.

"And how would you know, Mal? You've never had one."

"It's 'cause I don't need one, E." Mal scoffed. "They're a waste of time."

"I forgot to do Chad's homework! Oh, no! Oh, no, no, no." Evie said dramatically. It made Florence roll her eyes.

"And that is exactly what I mean." Mal pointed out before going back to work. There was a knock on the door and a girl with short hair entered the room.

"Hey, guys. I'm Lonnie." Lonnie introduced herself and everyone started at her. "My mom's Mulan? No? Anyways, I love what you've done with Jane's hair. And I know you hate us, and, well, you're evil."

"Is there a point to your visit or should I turn you to a lizard now?" Florence snapped.

"Do you think you could do mine?" Lonnie said quickly.

"Why would she do that for you?" Mal asked for Florence.

"I'll pay you 50 dollars." Lonnie offered, pulling out a tiny bag.

"Good answer." Evie jumped up, snatching the bag. "I need to buy more material."

"Let's see, I'm thinking we lose the bangs, maybe some layers and highlights."

"I want it cool." Lonnie spoke up. "Like Mal's."

"Really?" Evie asked. "The split ends, too?"

"I'm not doing it, I have a rep to keep." Mal denied helping. Florence growled before snatching up Mal's book, flipping to the hair spell she used on Jane earlier.

"Okay," Florence poined at Lonnie. "Beware, forswear replace the old with cool hair."

"I know, I know. It looks like a mop on your head. You know what? Let's cut it off, layer it--"

"No, no, no, no, no, no!" Lonnie interrupted. "I love it."

"You do?" Evie asked, finding it har to believe.

"It's just..." Lonnie took a piece of her skirt, and ripped it. "Now I'm cool."

"Like ice." Mal commented. Jane walked over to the mirror and did the same as Lonnie.

"What did I just do? Mom's gonna kill me!" Jane cried.

.

Florence, Evie, Mal, and Carlos were doing their homework in the girl's dorm when Jay walks in sporting the number 8 tourney jersey. He posed as if they were taking pictures before he sat in front of Florence.

"Did your plan work with Jane, you going over to see the wand?" Jay asked.

"Do you think I would be going through every single spell in Mal's book if I hadn't completely stuck out?!"  She snapped at Jay.

"Chill out, Flor. It was just a question."  Mal said, trying to calm her friend.

"My mom is counting on me! I can't let her down!" Florence shouted.

"We can do this." They all looked at Jay. "If we stick together."

"And we won't go back, until we do." Mal added " 'Cause we're rotten--"

"To the core..." The rest said in unison. Evie gasped in realization, remembering her conversation with Doug earlier.

"Oh yeah, I found out that Fairy Godmother blesses Ben with the wand at the coronation and we get to go. I have nothing to wear, of course!" Evie said. Mal gave her a blank look.

"What?" Evie asked, before there was a knock on the door. Florence shh-ed everyone, stood up and opened the door to reveal Ben.

"Hey Florence. I didn't see you guys today, I was just wondering if you had any questions or anything that you need?"  Ben asked, staring at her green eyes, noticing a hint of gold in them.

"Not that I know of..." Florence turned away to look at the others.

"Okay, alright, well uhh, if you need anything just..." Ben turned to leave when Florence remembered.

"Oh wait! Um, is it true that we all get to go to your coronation?" She asked.

"Yeah, the whole school goes."

"Wow, that is beyond exciting." Florence said in a mocking way but Ben just gave her a smile. "Do you think that it's a possibility that the five of us can stand in the front row next to the Fairy Godmother just so we could soak up all that goodness?"

"I wish you could, up front it's just me, my folks and my girlfriend." Ben explained.

"And your girlfriend?" Florence said, bit annoyed, but she hid it well.

"Yeah, I'm sorry." Ben apologized, Florence putting on a fake smile.

"Okay, thanks bye!" She said in fake enthusiasm, slamming the door on Ben and turned to look at her friends.

"I think it's time that Benny-boo got himself a new girlfriend." Florence plotted with a smirk. "And I need a love spell." Mal passed Florence her spell book.

.~.~.~.~.

Sorry for any errors.