Face to Face

A/N: (Major Spoiler from the movie in the A/N, not the chapter.)

I found out that the movie, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, is nothing like I expected. I have decided to twist it up a bit and go off script sometimes. Sugar Plum Fairy turns out bad at the end. I want to make Mother Ginger a villain, sorry.

On with the chapter...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

BEN HAD HIS ARMS AROUND Florence, showing her how to play the croquet. Everything had gone well when they started playing the game. Evie and Belle struck up a conversation about who-knows-what. Ben and his dad tried to one up each other during the game. Jay went off to flirt with girls. Carlos went off catching after Dude. Mal stood beside Florence, frustrated that she wasn't able to get the ball through the hole.

Florence tried containing her laugh as Mal's face turned red. Neither had noticed the group of boy looking at them. One is fear, one in love struck, and one in curiosity. Ayden stared at the back of Mal's head in aww. Sal and Marcus noticed and punched the sides of his arms. Ayden broke out of his little spell for Mal and glared at his friends.

"You have no respect for me!" Ayden said loudly enough that many turned their heads, including Mal. Ayden looked back at her and blushed, froze at the spot. Mal quickly looked away.

"We have a lot of respect for you. Enough to stop you from going after a villain's kid." Marcus said.

"She doesn't seem that bad..." Ayden mutters.

"Oh trust me, man. She is bad if she's hanging out with blondie over there." Marcus said, pointing at Florence. Sal gave him a look of confusion.

"You know her?" He asked.

"Yeah, she scares me. Has this vibe like 'Don't talk to me unless you have a death wish'." Marcus explained.

"Who is she?" Sal asked. Marcus laughed, thinking it was a joke but saw that Sal wasn't laughing.

"Wait--you don't know who she is?" Marcus tried to clear out.

"Obviously or he wouldn't be asking you." Ayden adds.

"Sal, man, that's the daughter of your mom's worst enemy." Marcus confesses to his friend. Sal froze immediately. Daughter of my mom's enemy?

"Speaking of your mom, Sal..." Ayden hits Sal to get his attention, then points at the direction of his mother that was talking to Florence.

·~·~·~·

Florence hit the ball once again, but had added a bit too much force and the ball had gone flying. It flew passed a few heads.

"Sorry!" Florence called in embarrassment. Those people went back to minding their business.

"Everyone who has ever played this game had at least done that a few times, though, I've never been any good at croquet." Florence turned to look at the high pitch voice behind her. A woman with pink hair stood behind her. It was Sugar Plum Fairy, but Florence didn't know it yet.

"Trust me, this will be the first and last time I play." Florence stated.

"Oh, don't think like that. It takes time." Sugar said.

"Time I'd rather not waste." Sugar and Florence smiled at each other.

"Who are you?" Sugar asked. "I've never seen you here before."

"Florence. I'm sorta like a exchange student, except they aren't sending Auradon students to my school." Florence explained.

"Why is that?"

"My neighbor is, how do you say it, on a rough territory." Florence said, balancing herself with her mallet.

"Well then, welcome to Auradon." Sugar greets.

"Thank you."

"Mom!" The two females turned to see Sal. Sugar smiled at her son and gave him the biggest hug.

"Oh, my baby!" Florence bursts into a fit of laughter at the sound of Sugar embarrassing Sal. Sal's cheeks turned red as he saw Florence laughing and smiling at him. Sugar turning around and pushed Sal forward. "Florence, this is my son, Salthezar."

"We've meet already, mom." Sal muttered to his mother. Florence nods to confirm it.

"Well then, that's great. Florence, join us for lunch, won't you?" Sugar begs.

"I'm sorry, but I can't. Ben's parents already invited me to join them." Florence says, pointing at the king and queen.

"Are you dating Prince Ben?" Sugar asked in disappointment. Her plans to get the young girl and her son together would be ruined.

"You can say that..." Florence trails off.

"We should go, mom. Have to go find Aunt Clara and Uncle Phillip."

"Clara?" Florence mutters in curiosity. Not in an excited kind, but rather a worry one. There was only one Clara she had heard of and it had been the one her mother told her about as a child. Sugar pinching Sal's cheeks in affection.

"Of course, my baby boy! Look there they are right now. Clara, darling!" Sugar exclaimed. Florence goes silent and watches skeptically.

"Clara? Clara Stahlbaum?" Florence questions Sugar. She turns with a smile.

"Yes, my dear. Come and meet her." Sugar reaches out to grab Florence' hand to take her to Clara but Florence dodges.

"N-no. No, I... have to go find my friends." Florence quickly walked away just as Clara arrived.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry if it had errors or it was just short.