First-Time Tears

THAT NIGHT, THE FIVE VKS WERE IN JAY AND CARLOS' DORM. Florence sat in the chair with different papers with drawings on them. "Okay, we all know what this looks like. So it'll be up on the dais under the beast's spell jar, and we'll be coming in from here. I will be in the very front. You all will be up in the balcony." Florence said, pointing from place to place. "Okay. Carlos?"

"Okay, so I'll find our limo, so we can break the barrier, and, uh, get back on the island with the wand." Carlos said his role. Florence nods and looking at Evie.

"Perfect. Evie?"

" Yeah?" Evie asked. Mal pulled out a perfume bottle out and handed it to Florence. Florence gave it to Evie.

"You will use this to take out the driver. Two sprays and he'll be out like a light." Florence informed.

"Okay." Evie gave her a nod before they all scattered away. Mal looked over Florence' shoulder to see a particular page.

"Gold? You want to break Ben's love spell?" Mal questions. Florence looks up, before looking back at the spell book. She didn't have the guts to look at Mal or anyone in the eye.

"Yeah. You know, for after. I don't... I've just been thinking, you know, when the villains finally do invade Auradon, and begin to loot and kick everyone out of their castles and imprison their leaders and destroy all that is good and beautiful, Ben still being in love with me just seems a little extra... cruel." Florence muttered. Mal looked at Evie, Jay, and Carlos with a sad look.

"Gold--" Mal was going to try to talk Florence out of it but she was already out the door. No one dared to follow.

*~*~*~*~*

Florence mixed up ingredients for the anti-love spell.

Florence:

A million thoughts in my head
Should I let my heart keep listening?
I know
It's time to say good-bye
So hard to let go 

A single tear fell from Florence' eyes and dropped into the bowl. She carefully closed the book and continued mixing, occasionally wiping away a tear or two. Never had she felt so weak, helpless...

*~*~*~*~*

Outside the kitchen was Sal, making his way in to get a snack before heading back to sleep. The moment he walked in, he spotted Florence. She jumped in surprise when the door was flung up.

"Sorry..." Sal apologized as he made a beeline to cabinets. Florence didn't respond, just waiting for the treats to bake. Sal glanced at the sun blonde girl. "What'cha making?" He asked, while preparing a sandwich.

"Nothing, just some snacks for a friend." She answered, making sure not to give anything away.

"Cool... I'm Salthezar, by the way." Sal introduced. Florence nodded. He noticed a bit of puffiness in her eyes. "You gonna tell me your name?"

"No." Florence answers unemotional.

"Well, know that's just rude." Sal mocked, trying to get this mystery girl to laugh. She only looked at him. Sal took a deep breath before speaking again. "I haven't seen you around before."

"I'm new, an exchange student." Florence said.

"Really? Where from?" Before Florence could even answer, the buzzer from the oven went off, indicating that the treat was ready. Sal finished making the sandwich and grabbed a can of soda.

"See ya around, mystery girl." Sal called back for heading out of the kitchen. Florence shook her head, Strange guy...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry it's short. Sorry for errors.

Today, I would like to thank the brave men and women who have fought for the country we live in. Thank you to the soldiers who came back to us and the ones who were lost to us. Happy Veterans Day everyone.