For The Love Of Mangoes

EVIE HAD FLORENCE SITTING BY THE MAKE UP TABLE to get her ready for her date with Ben. She heard a knock on the door and quickly walked over to open the door. Ben smiled at the golden haired beauty in front of him.

"For the first time I understand the difference between pretty and beautiful." It wasn't intended for Florence to blush at the comment but she wasn't about to throw the plan away for one measly comment. She gave him a smile in return.

"I hope you like bikes." Florence gave Evie a look before grabbing a bike helmet from Ben. The next thing she knew, Florence was holding on to Ben so she won't fall off the bike. Ben blushed as Florence held him. Florence took in the beautiful scenery as they speeded off on the bike.

~»~»~»~»

"Tell me something about yourself that you've never told anyone." Ben asked his date. They walked on a rope bridge. Florence walked backwards so she could look at Ben.

"Um... My middle name is Moon." Ben silently trying not to laugh.

"Moon?" He asked.

"Yeah. Moon. My mom said something about important things happening under a full moon. Florence Moon." Florence said.

"Mine's Florian." Ben added.

"Florian?" Florence asked, trying not to laugh. She leaned over the bridge.

"Yeah."

"How princely. Oh, that's almost worse." Florence mocked.

"I mean, you know, It's better than Moon. But it's still not..." They got off the bridge and Ben had Florence shut her eyes. "...watch your foot." Ben helped Florence with her steps. "Yeah. Are you good?"

"Mm-hmm." Florence was cautious of her steps, holding onto Ben for support.

"Now, step up. There you go. You ready?" Ben asked.

"Mm-hmm." Ben retracted his hand to see Florence' eyes closed.

"Open." Florence opens her eyes to see a beautiful picnic by the lake. "Go on."

Florence looks at Ben before walking over to the picnic. They sat there together, eating food. The lake surrounded them, Ben laid down.

"Is this your first time?" Ben asked. Florence finished eating a jelly doughnut and looked at him.

"Mm... We don't really date much on the island. It's more like... Gang activity." She explains. Ben looked at her in confusion before saying,

"Um, I meant, is this your first time eating a jelly doughnut?" Florence stops eating and gives Ben an awkward smile.

"Is it bad?" She asked.

"You got a..." Ben points to wear Florence had jelly on the corner of her lips. He wiped it off with his finger.

"You can't take me anywhere, I guess." Florence joked. Ben joins in with a laugh.

"You know, I've done all the talking. Your turn. I really don't know that much about you. Tell me something." He said.

"Well, I'm 16. I'm an only child. And I've only ever lived in one place."

"Me, too. That... we have so much in common already." Ben added.

"No. Trust me, we do not. And now you're gonna be king." Florence points out.

"Yeah."

"What?" She asked.