Chapter 1: The Beginning

ROSÉ

"The infamous gang, NCT, claimed to be a group of dangerous men by the public, is no longer a structure of mere fraternity. They have caused multiple public commotions and are known to be the most controversial anti-governmental association. Local gangs are shadowed, now that NCT has made themselves the most menacing of them all. The members of the said group remains to be known and the citizens are starting to doubt the Government's lack of action—"

Rosé turned off the TV with the remote on her hand, agitated. She was getting tired of the news channels reporting the same things over and over again; whether it'll be the stupid gang wars, the troubles they've caused, the consequences they have to deal with. It was all too negative for her. Making her body fall back, her back softly slams itself onto the sofa's surface as she groans out of frustration.

She admits that she is terrified herself, but she's just really all about good vibes and all these unwanted events coming up one by one caused by the same group of people is definitely NOT helping her. Rosé takes out her phone, hoping to receive some good information about anything's that just.. Good.

She scrolls through her Twitter and— So far so good, her feed is filled with positive tweets from other people and other random accounts she had just followed out of boredom until she realized that she is also followed to a news station's Twitter account. There, another news about the gangs in town are posted. But that wasn't just it.

"A group of masked males seen at the back of a Library."

Rosé arose by the quick ambush of distress after seeing the title and clicked the link of the shared article. She found the article's header familiar and she's sure that it's the library that she works in. As she read, the young girl turned even more discontented with her surroundings than she could ever be, her thoughts were right. She deeply sighed as she felt her heart pound hard. She could've taken the gangs more seriously.

"Why am I so unlucky?" Rosé asked herself as she grabbed a small pillow from her behind and made her face meet with it. She lets out a screech as she fell back again and wiggled her legs to shake off the hysterical sensation flowing through her veins. It had admittedly made her look like a child whining over a broken toy.

The sound of the doorknob's click was heard but she did not mind. She's relieved that they're finally back after three straight hours when they promised to be back by an hour!

"Yo. Are you dead?" Jisoo casually asked.

"Yes," she bluntly replied to the question that she's not a hundred percent sure was for her since the oldest did not mention any name.

"What are you so frustrated about?" Jennie asked as she began to unpack the groceries with Jisoo.

"Nothing!" Rosé exclaimed, throwing the pillow to the floor.

"Eh? You're acting weird," Lisa commented as she made her way to her frustrated best friend. "What's wrong, Rosie?" she asked. Lisa calls her 'Rosie' although Rosé would always tell her to not to, but the blonde protests that it's more cute than her actual name.

"Are you guys perhaps aware of the recent troubles caused by those idiotic gangs?" Rosé asked in English, releasing her charming Australian accent.

"Yeah. And you work at the place where they're recently seen," Jennie responded in English as well.

Rosé took out both of her arms and directed it at the emotionless Jennie, "She knows!" she exclaimed then raised her eyebrow after realizing that Jennie seemed to couldn't care less, and she added, "And she doesn't care!"