Chapter 3: Encounters & Troubles

ROSÉ

It has been weeks since Jaehyun never left her mind. Everyday, she would wonder where he is and how he has been doing, and every night, she could still vividly remember the kiss they've shared under the first snowfall of the year. Whenever she wants to hear his voice, she would close her eyes and his voice uttering the last words he had said before leaving will be heard. She couldn't say that she hates it, rather it bothers her. It bothers her because she was not someone to think about a person too much until he came.

Strangely, the gang activities has stopped (for now) after that night. She goes to the library and would hope to bump into him like the first time they've met, she also wonders if she will experience the feeling of having the sun shine upon someone who'd eventually end up never leaving her mind, like she had with him. Rosé would also laugh at how stupid she seems, she also asked whether it was love but it was too soon to be true. Maybe it's curiosity, or maybe it's really something more than that.

"Miss?"

And with just that, Rosé snapped back to reality with a shake of her head. Dragging her eyes at the cashier's direction, she tilted her head in confusion and when the latter noticed her clueless expression, he asked again, "What's your order, miss?" with a warm smile. Rosé nodded upon the question then ordered her usual hot chocolate after apologizing for her unusual behavior. The cashier was kind enough to tell her it's okay and comforted her with the fact that she wasn't holding up a line anyway, there was no one after her.

Glancing at the glass walls of the café that let the fall of snowflakes appear from the inside, her eyes shifted to the locals passing by, some hurried and some just casually walked. It was the middle of afternoon, however the sun is nowhere to be found. She wondered why no one even dared to stop and admire the snowflakes falling from the gray skies. Rosé came to love winter in spite of its reputation for being a sad season, she does not know the exact reason why but even before the first snowfall, there was a feeling within her that thrills her heart for its arrival. She hopes to find out why she has been looking forward to winter this year and there was something within her that whispers to her soul to wait and she will, soon.

Her feet moved itself towards the table for two, she found herself sitting on the light brown fauteuil that was placed just beside the glass walls. Perfect for her. The hot chocolate was served by the same person who took her order, the maiden was too stunned by the beauty of the scenery outside which made the cashier himself look at where she's gazing upon. "Is it not beautiful?" Rosé suddenly questioned and the latter was taken aback, not expecting her to say anything, but he admits he thinks that it's nice of her to appreciate the season which is not particularly loved by everyone.

"Indeed beautiful," the latter answered then frowned, "But not loved."

"Winter is beautiful— Even the snow that covers half of the land and the cold breeze. Only a few can look further through the troubles the season brings. Don't you think it's the same for us humans, too? We admire beauty but do not appreciate flaws."

They were silenced, but when Rosé realized that she was spitting out deep shenanigans to a stranger, she gasped and was about to say sorry for being lost until she found him stunned as if what she had said struck him. Though, there were no presence of awkwardness, she felt like she had to open up something far different from the topic she had brought up.

"You don't look Korean." That was all that she could say, but it can't be denied that what she said was true, he looked rather tough but she was not intimidated. The latter glanced at her and nodded then proceeded to say, "I'm from Thailand."