Chapter 16: The Bad Guy's Sentiment

❆

            SIX YEARS AGO, the country's authority was apprised of a burgeoning association of youth with individually exceptional skills in sciences, art, and operations. According to accumulated data, most of them began exploring fields of science and armed combat at an early age, and were united by the course of their late mentor, Lee Sooman, a notorious businessman who took interest in investing in scientific research. 

They are 23 in total: Lee Taeyong, Moon Taeil, Seo Youngho, Nakamoto Yuta, Qian Kun, Kim Dongyoung, Chittaphon Leechaiyapornkul, Jung Yuno, Dong Sicheng, Kim Jungwoo, Wong Yukhei, Lee Minhyung, Xiao Dejun, Wong Geunheng, Huang Renjun, Lee Jeno, Lee Donghyuck, Na Jaemin, Liu Yangyang, Osaki Shotaro, Jung Sungchan, Zhong Chenle, and Park Jisung.

Like what Lee Taeyong once disclosed.. They maintain a system wherein only they could understand. 

The government was provoked by Lee Sooman's indecipherable intentions, but before they could personally question his purpose, he passed away from an unknown cause. And with his abandoned students persisting independently, they had seized the convenience to have the preceding individuals into their control.

They devote their lives to Science, and they do it not for fame; but for the belief that knowledge is more powerful than money could ever be.

Upon their excellence, the South Korean jurisdiction was able to envision the future prosperity of the country through these individuals' abilities. And in attempts to attain their favors, they were granted with gifts such as promised security, academic scholarships, advanced facilities, and more than simple-minds can imagine.

They deemed NCT as the key to a promising future.

But everything went downhill when the People's Revolution discovered their scheme.

In desperation to conceal their true aim with NCT, the government had framed the same bunch as a highly-menacing gang to the public. And that's where the "most dangerous gang" façade had begun.

Before everyone, including NCT, could know it, the public started to shift their attention and criticism toward the said gang crisis, and not particularly at the government's doing. All of that in which resulted to NCT's tenacious resentment towards the authority.

But who could blame them?

They were betrayed.

But the man resting easy in his magnificent office, Park Jimin, trusts that, with the newly elected president, the goal that was once submerged into a sea of treachery, lies, political manipulation, and animosity.. It will rise once again.