Chapter 9: Exposed to the Truth

ROSÉ

Her eyes flutter open after her nice sleep was interrupted by her phone's ring. Rosé arose only to witness an empty room- an empty apartment. She was all alone and she had begun to worry of Jaehyun's condition if ever he had gone out for some 'errands'. She cocked an eyebrow as her attention was dragged onto her phone's screen. The caller was honestly not her type of person to converse with at the moment. However, to avoid any more issues, she needed to answer.

"What do you want in the middle of the night?" she hissed.

"Come out of the apartment. I want to talk to you alone."

Rosé was taken aback. An overwhelming sensation had compelled her absolute discomfort. There was more to her cousin's presence that she found suspicious, but she just couldn't lay a finger on it.

Within the silence, the call was dropped by the person over the line. She breathed heavily, hoping to put a stop on her anxiously rapid heartbeat. Even in Incheon, it was no use for her to get away from her overprotective cousin. It was no longer a question for her to how he knew where she was; it was not her friends that snitched— No. Definitely not.

Her eyes went onto her phone. Blankly, she stared at it before shutting it down. An installed GPS.

Jisoo.

Although her desire to do it, she prevented herself from smashing her phone into pieces. Apart from her phone, she had also noticed her hands quivering, although the cold is a factor that caused it; it was not the one to blame.

She felt weak.

Weak.

Like how everyone in her life secretly defined her.

Putting on her thick coat, she carefully walked down the stairs and approached the door. Her hands were still shaking as it reached for the door knob and it brought her only to dismay. She shouldn't be like this. No. For it will only prove them correct. Rosé released a heavy sigh as she gently opened the door, preventing any noise that may come along with it. Though, she wished she had not done it; her eyes met his and it only fueled regret.

The latter's expression was emotionless, or as people would like to call it deadly. His eyes were almost unreadable, however, she had noticed a mix of concern and fury. It wasn't only for her, it was also because of her.

Leaving the apartment, she placed the card which served as the key to the apartment safely in her pocket. She followed her cousin's lead without either of them saying a single word. Nervous is not the most definite word to describe what she feels at the moment, it was rather the uncertainty.

Whilst the phone call, she had thought that it was about Jaehyun again. But when she took a glimpse of his eyes that screamed a pool of mixed emotions and, for some reason, she was convinced that it for was a different, serious matter.

Entering the elevator, Jimin pressed basement 1 where he had supposedly parked his car. Rosé, being anxious of the likelihood that he might drive her away from Jaehyun, bluntly spoke, "I am not going with you."

"I know that," Jimin admitted in defeat, and randomly shots up the question, "have I mentioned that all cameras in this apartment is hacked?"