Chapter 4: Getting Closer

ROSÉ

The morning sun arose quite harshly for Rosé given that she only had four hours of sleep with all the caffeine that kept her up all night leading herself into a deep thought. She turned around from the ray of sunlight that shines on her through her windows then closed her eyes again, attempting to get back to sleep. It was going well until her good friend, Lisa barged into her room to let out a shriek of excitement. Rosé groaned in frustration and grabbed a pillow to cover her ears.

"Rosé! Rosé! Wake up," the latter spoke and kneeled on the floor, resting the rest of her body on her bed. Rosé did not respond with the hope that her good friend will eventually leave the room giving up, but she didn't instead she just shouted even louder, "You have to wake up!"

"Why?" the sleepy one asked.

"There's a guy waiting for you outside the building and he said he'll take you to your university for your end of term tests!" she answered which made Rosé's eyes widened. She started to get nervous for she assumes it was him whom she had just pushed away last night. But what's more shocking to her was that today is the day she's expected to take the tests before going on a holiday vacation! "Is he your boyfriend, Rosé?!" Lisa asked, cheerfully.

Rosé being too pre-occupied about her tests, immediately shook her head no and responded without even looking at the latter in the eyes, "Just some guy who saved me multiple times."

"Omo!" Lisa squealed in delight. "I think he likes you so much! No man will ever dress that decent and offer a car ride to a girl if he doesn't like her that much!"

Rosé blushed but shook her head in disagreement. "Hey, Lalisa," she called and the latter's eyes widened with such expecatation that she'll tell her something relevant with what she's excited about. She smiled at the latter who almost looked like a puppy, "Get out of my room."

Lisa pouted and cutely phrased, "You're mean!" before leaving the exhausted one's room. As soon as she left, Rosé gave out a heavy sigh and asked herself, How can someone be that energetic early in the morning She shook her head and got up from bed, rushing into the shower. After taking a hot shower, she immediately dried her hair with her worn out hair dryer. "I need to get a new one," she told herself. After managing to get through with the old machine she had used to dry her hair, she slipped on some comfortable but decent clothes.

She slid on her black knee high boots over a pair of high-waisted jeans that tucked in her elegant black long sleeve blouse. Glacing at the time, she sighed in relief for she has enough time to do her usual light make up. Before leaving, she grabbed her dark red coat which was given by her sister, Alice, last Christmas, and made sure she has all of her things packed in her small backpack.

Locking her bedroom door, she took out her phone from the pocket of her jeans to check the time. It took her almost an hour to get ready when in reality, she takes more than two hours to look decent. "Isn't that the coat Alice unnie gave you?" Jisoo asked then sipping from her cup of daily coffee. "Yup! It's better than I thought," Rosé responded.

"It looks quite classy," Jisoo nodded in agreement then teased, "For whom are you dressing up for?"

Lisa, being the bubbly girl out of them all, joined into the conversation after realizing her best friend is all dressed up. Crossing her arms and nodding playfully, she insisted, "It's definitely for the guy waiting for her."