Chapter 6: To See You

ROSÉ

The morning arrived and Rosé has nothing to do other than to go outside— along with the goal to hopefully bump into him— as she does more often since the start of winter, but she found herself staying in bed instead. She even tried to sit up until she winced in pain as soon as she felt her her head ache, and it was as if her body's heat could cut through the coldest of breeze that the season may bring.

She sighed and decided to shut her eyes close, convincing herself that it will be fine after a few more hours of sleep.

Time passed by faster than she thought it would. Fluttering her eyes open, she found Jisoo sitting on the stool beside her bed. Rosé's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as the latter could only flash a warm smile but, opposite to her lips, her expression screamed concern.

"You have a fever, Chaeyoung," Jisoo spoke, landing a hand on Rosé's arm. "Don't force yourself."

With that, Jisoo stood up from the stool, claiming that she has somewhere important to go to and it was obvious with how she dressed; a fashionable peach sweater and skinny black high waisted jeans instead of her usual dark colored hoodies and joggers.

Rosé shot her body up using her arms, earning the latter's attention before she could swing the door open.

"Where are you headed to?" Rosé asked.

Silence attacked the both of them. Rosé didn't know if she said something wrong but the way Jisoo froze upon hearing her question made her feel guilty.

To her relief, Jisoo took a deep breath and answered "They found him."

Rosé's eyes widened, realizing what the oldest had meant and who she was referring to. "I can't expect too much, right? They only told me through the line that they've only found multiple updates of his traces, they assured me he's still in Japan, exactly where I left him-" Jisoo gushed, but was cut off by the younger one.

"Shh," Rosé hushed, standing up from bed as she took the older one in for a hug.

"W-What if the enemy finds him first, Chaeyoung? I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for that."

"Hope for the best, Jisoo. Let's hope for the best," Rosé breathed and the latter could only give her a smile and a nod as a response.

"It's been three damn years.." Jisoo breathed under her voice.

"He has to know that you never wasted a single moment throughout the years of searching for him," Rosé stated. "And he will.. Eventually."

Rosé broke away from the hug only to see Jisoo's eyes flowing in tears which she had lightly wiped off. "I have to go, Chaeyoung. Don't exhaust yourself, you need to rest," she said.

"Whatever, mom," she replied in English that made Jisoo crack a smile which Rosé returned.

With that, Jisoo walked out, leaving the rose-gold blonde looking around her bedroom as if the room was all new to her.

Unknowingly letting her guard down, the feeling of loneliness and despair tackled as if it charged unexpectedly. It was as if something had switched off the lights in her life which caused her view to darken, Rosé was definitely not new to this, in fact, she knew all too well that this will continue on until she finally feels empty and emotionless for a certain period of time.