Chapter 7: All He Asks

ROSE

Upon the cozy heat embracing her cold figure, she fluttered her eyes open only to see an unfamiliar place. Her hands pushed her up from the soft cushion of the king sized bed, she shoved the thick comforters off her body as her eyes wandered around the area.

The paintings of black and white on the wall complimented the concept of minimal which made her recognize that everything else were also in the color scheme of black and white, some were grey, some were a bit there.

From the bed sheets to desks, everything was fascinating to look at.

But it didn't distract her from curiosity. She began to panic as she questioned herself of the how's and who's.

How did she get here?

And who brought her here?

She examined the area once more only to find out that this was a loft- An apartment loft to be precise. Figuratively, whoever brought her here must be financially stable to own such luxurious space.

The walls on the first floor were tall, the ceiling above hung a beautiful black chandelier that lit up the entire apartment. She rests her hands on the railings as she looked down only to witness a beautiful living area and a sneak peak of the small minimal kitchen.

Everything looked neat and brand new as if no one lived here.

When she leaned forward, she carefully placed her elbows to support her weight. The silence gave her the opportunity to think everything through, to remember what had happened before she swept onto her daze.

Suddenly, vivid-like memories flashed into her mind. From the park's frosted scenery to a familiar man's kiss with an unknown woman.

Her head didn't hurt once upon recollecting her memory, it was as if she had only forgotten it for only a split moment and it just abruptly returned.

Though, she had concluded that she's fine, her emotions protested otherwise.

It wasn't something intense, or at least she thought. She felt absolutely nothing- She felt like a malfunctioning robot that didn't know how to respond to what concerned her.

The image of their kiss.

A part of her wanted to enlighten her questions by asking Jaehyun, himself, however, the other part convinced herself that it was surely none of her damned business.

Nevertheless, it still affected her.

There were a lot more to think about, but what heckled her from doing so was the loud slam of the entrance door from below. Her heart raced fast as she was clueless of who it might be.

Before she could get to her move, she recognized the man who exhaustedly walked towards the charcoal black couch. Her eyes widened upon noting the drops of blood that trailed from his behind, to that, she hurried downstairs.

She watched Jaehyun pitifully curl up on the couch. Even with his black windbreaker, it was not hard to see the ridiculous amount of blood that had stained his plain white shirt. His hand was over a huge wound that continuously bled.

"Jaehyun!" she cried as she ran towards the wounded lad.

The man looked up to face her which gave her the chance to take a look at his bruised face. However painful it looked, the latter managed to give out a huge smile after the sight of the unharmed maiden.

"Rose.." he called, his eyes began to water in delight, "oh God, Rose."

She watched the man force himself up only to take the maiden in for a tight hug which confused Rose, however, she's guilty for finding delight upon his action. "Rose, you're safe," he cried.