Chapter 2 : Head Over Heels

I'm sooooo freaking excited, why? Shawn Mendes dropped Youth! Khalid was awesome! The song could melt anyone's heart away. I totally loved it! Comment your opinions about the song! Also you can play the song while reading this Chapter! It's tagged above. Just press play, its that easy, peezy, lemon squeezy!

Here is another update!!!

Enjoy!

-----------

Rhea's POV

It was four-thirty already, and I was still wondering how I could cancel the plan of going with her. I can't even make an excuse of going on a date, because she knew, I didn't interact with anyone yet, not even girls yet, because I was focused more on my classes. And honestly, I didn't know if I was ready for a relationship after what happened in my life before, I wanted no second mistakes. I didn't even talk to anyone in my complex yet, except for Mrs. Marino, because she was my landlady.

Fifteen minutes passed, I gave up and got ready to go for some shopping. I'll somehow convince her that I can buy my own clothes with my own money with that independent-woman attitude. I wore a pair of ripped jeans, and a shirt with flower embroidery on it. It gave me the Boho look, not the hobo look. I put some light make-up. Honestly, I didn't like the idea of using fake eyelashes and heavy make-up. It made me look like make-up puked on me.

"Oh, Jesus Christ! Sweetheart, are you really a human being? No, no, you are an angel!" Mrs. Marino exclaimed looking at me up and down and up.

With this Mrs. Marino pulled me into her BMW i8, and drove fast into Beverly Centre. Oops, I knew it was coming. My guilt! As she took me inside the Guess store, I knew she was going to do it. She started picking outfits for me. Yeah I knew it because of course she wouldn't buy Skater dresses for herself. She was more Old-School with her clothes. But, she knew much more about the fashion industry, but, no one could tell so looking at her, as they say, never judge a book by its cover.

She was kind of disappointed at the Guess store, because, she thought, there was a clearance sale going on there. They would sell off out-dated clothes, by putting discount on them. She took my hand and strode towards the Prada store. Oh my gosh, hell no!

She picked up a beautiful floral maxi dress that was cut from the knee to the ankle. It had cold shoulders. It was a pretty dress indeed, but, I wouldn't buy it because it clearly read '$830.59'.

"Take this and go in!" She snapped me back out of my thoughts and shoved me inside the trial room. An idea struck my head. If I was going to try it all by myself she wouldn't see if it fits me. Yaaas! See, perks of having a clever mind.

I didn't even think about trying it. I waited for like five minutes to try to pretend that I tried it.

"Mrs. Marino, this dress doesn't fit me. It's smaller than the size written on it."

"What? What size do you wear?"

"Small."

"It is small."

"But it's not fitting me!"

"Oh, where is it not fitting?"

"In the bust area."

"Wait-"

"Auntie let's just drop this thing off, let's go and watch a movie, whatever you wish, I'm not in a mood to buy clothes. I have enough of them already. I basically can't even shove my clothes properly into the closet anymore."

"My nephew will be coming for dinner Wednesday evening, that's why I want you to wear something that will make him drool over you. He's a hunk! You're gonna get head over heels for him! I promise!"

Head over heels? I threw out that phrase long ago out of my vocabulary. There was only one person I was head over heels in love with, Ayaan.

Mrs. Marino snapped me back to reality, again.

"Mrs. Marino, you know I'm not well versed with people at my college yet, how can you expect me to even like someone whom I never saw. And I'm not yet ready for any relationship stuff. I don't wanna be a part of that bullshit."

"Trust me baby, you've never been in true love before." She said looking up and most probably remembering her husband.

I've never been in true love? That's an understatement old lady. You know absolutely about nothing related to my non-existing love life.

"If you think that you fell in love and he broke your heart or didn't return your love, my dear child you're mistaken. It was not love then, it was pure infatuation that lasted for a long time. You never 'fall in love', we grow into love. Love is like a building which is still under-construction. Bricks are added to it every day. My girl, those bricks are of trust, faith, love, passion and warmth. You don't get butterflies in love, its infatuation, in love you get pain, a sweet pain, warmth and protected. Love isn't going on frequent dates and meeting almost every other day. Its feeling cosy with the person you love, feeling protected and being vulnerable even when you're apart. It stays even after your significant other lies under the Earth. Sometimes even when you're gone from this world."

Maybe she's right. Maybe it was just a long-lasting infatuation.

Maybe.

Mrs. Marino and her husband were madly in love with each other. Although they couldn't get any kids of their own, Mr. and Mrs. Marino loved me since I was fifteen. Yeah, they were my father's clients. My father was a Chartered Accountant and he also audits for major companies, so, she wasn't hesitant to give me her apartment for rent.

------

(Later in the evening)

We reached back home after she saw how much hesitant I was on buying a new dress. She gave up. I didn't like that disappointed look on her face though. She didn't talk to me while coming back, the entire way. I drove back home because she threw the keys towards me. I drove back like a good girl, I knew she was pissed at me, so its better I obey her, just like she respected my wish in the mall. She fell asleep, so I went inside the nearest Starbucks and got myself a Triple Mocha Frappuccino and her Shaken Iced Passion Tango Tea. It was her favorite amongst all the others. I woke her up and offered it to her. She drank it up like a child drinking his/her favorite hot chocolate. I knew she regained her jolly attitude after drinking the tea, but still didn't speak a word to me.

I was tired so I didn't even care about taking off my shoes and clothes and change into my night clothes. I didn't even wash my face. I fell fast asleep, shoving all the worries of my head.

--------

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to vote, comment and share with your friends, till then PEACE Y'ALL!

SHOVEOFF ALL YOUR WORRIES INTO YOUR MATHS' TEACHER'S FACE AND GO TO SLEEP!