Steampunk!Tom x Reader

A/N: Couple words to say here. First, I HECCIN LOVE THIS AU. Second, Weeb-Artist tells me they tried to replicate the art style of the creators of the AU and failed. But I don't think so. Also, to the person who requested me, sorry if I didn't make it as you would've liked, the AU is still fresh and there isn't much to reference off of. ^^;

Steampunk!Tom x Reader

Art by Weeb-Artist on Deviantart

Story by Otaku-Fan

Request by Watercut94 on Quotev

(Y/n) was a peasant-class girl. Like many others, she carried on with life the poor way.

The societal caste system was made up of three main classes. The peasants, the rich, and the nobles and government officials.

Nobles and the rich had the right to more modern technology while the peasant class only had some, but most were old.

She detested the upper classes for being such greedy assholes. While they were basking in the latest inventions, (Y/n) and the others were in the gutter with all the trash.

Currently, she was going to the farmer's market to pick up some vegetables for a soup tonight. As she locked the door, she felt something slapped her back. Whirling around, she saw Edd, the local paperboy.

"Sorry Miss (Y/n)! I'm still rusty at aiming!" He chuckled.

She frowned, "Edd, stop with the 'Miss' nonsense. We've known each other since elementary and I'm literally the same age."

"Aw come on (Y/n), it's part of my job so-"

"Edd Gold I will not let you speak of me like I'm some superior! We're equals and you know it!"

He whined and gave (Y/n) her paper, "(Y/nnnnnnnn), lighten up a little."

"Sorry, it just annoys me to see you treated like this. Anyways I'm going to the market, take this." She tossed him a bag of coins.

"What?! I can't possibly—"

"Remember, we're equals! Just take it!" She casually strolled away, leaving Edd shocked.

Meanwhile, Tom was trying to compromise with a client.

"Ma'am, please! If you would just listen!"

"Get out! I will not agree with the selling of my shop to your filthy hands!"

"Ma'am I didn't ask to buy the shop, I was simply proposing to sponsor your shop in a bargain for a restoration!" he defended.

"No! I know how you fancy snobs can be! You'll offer me a chance then ruin my life just like you people did to my neighbor! Now get out or I will call authorities!" She booted him out the door, drawing attention to many others, including (Y/n).

She ran to the commotion, "What in the blue blazes happened here?" She looked down at Tom in disgust.

"This here fellow was trying to steal my business! Luckily I'm not naive as he thinks." The lady spat.

"What?! I didn't even—"

"Absolutely repugnant. Ugh, I despise people like you, taking advantage just because we're peasants." (Y/n) scoffed, glaring daggers at the man. She was about to kick his ass until someone hollered out.

"Wait! (Y/n) stop!" Edd cried.

"Look Edd, just keep the money!"

"No, it's not that, it's the chap right next to you!"