Steampunk!Tord x Reader

There once lived an engineer, all by his lonesome self in his lonesome shop. From what one could see, he wasn't necessarily lonely. People would often walk in and out of his shop, however, these were customers and nothing else. They never bothered to conversate much with the man, just a few silent hellos, goodbyes, and their own requests from him. Not to mention the people he worked for were not particularly the class he would prefer to talk to. Unless he wanted to listen to mindless chatter about how pompous and rich they were, he was good without it.

However, in the midst of it all, a change occurred in his day-to-day life. Tord was working in his shop as per usual, tinkering with his gadgets. His work was soon interrupted when a young maiden walked into his life.

"Good afternoon sir. You must be Tord, I assume?" She spoke.

"Who's asking?" He said, intrigued by her. She seemed like an average mailman, nothing special but nothing too normal. However, it was the bouquet of flowers she held in her hands that piqued his interest.

"I have a delivery for you, Edd couldn't make it so he told me to give these to you. The name's (Y/N) (L/N)." She placed the flowers on his desk, beside a few gadgets of his. Upon closer inspection, he found them to be elegant roses in an assortment of colors. Attached was a pastel pink envelope embroidered with hearts.

"Are you sure you didn't just want to give this lovely bouquet to me? It's alright to be honest." He smugly grinned. She laughed lightly, covering her mouth a bit. "No sir, I'm afraid I don't have the courage to. These are simply from an old customer of yours. I believe it might be a love letter."

"Oh really? I couldn't tell from all those decorations on the envelope." He sarcastically chuckled, "Must be from that ginger that came in last Tuesday. She was a bit flirty. Could you please throw those in the disposal (Y/n)? And call me Tord, I'm not really the formal type."

Another laugh escaped her lips, "Heh, understood. She seems quite clingy considering that you've thrown all her other gifts in the bin." She threw the flowers into the piling bin of trashed gifts, all with the same envelope.

"So, I can tell you invent for a living, but what exactly?" (Y/n) asked.

"It's kind of a variety. I can make small toys, fix a mechanical issue, create convenient gadgets, and on occasion, create weapons." He sighed, turning in his chair to tinker once more.

"Well that does explain the mess you have here."

"I prefer to call it an organized mess. Aka a workshop."

"Whatever floats your boat!" A clock rang in the workshop, (Y/n) quickly stood up, "Oh dear, I still have to deliver other letters! I'll be going now if you don't mind."

"Not at all. You can come by anytime!" The Norwegian winked. Laughing again, she waved him off and left.

This was only the first in a series of encounters the two would have. Edd had seen how the two were together, so he always let (Y/n) take his deliveries for Tord, most of them being trashed gifts. She would often spend a bit of time to learn more about the mechanic and vice versa. Friendship began to bloom into something more, and it would be Tord to take that leap to take it onto the next level.

It was only inevitable for them to grow attached to one another, but it was a comfortable, unspoken thing.

Until one day.

(Y/n) came in again with a bouquet of flowers, this time with no letter. "Morning Tord!"

"The mail is here is here already, damn, time does fly." He whistled. Glancing at the flowers, he rolled his eyes, "Again? You know what to do."

"Actually, these are from me! You didn't have any mail today and I still wanted to visit so I just bought these flowers for you." She grinned.

Taking the flowers, he sniffed them a bit and smiled, "Well that's new, but I'm flattered. Pity I'm too busy to accept your generous offer, maybe Saturday instead?"

Lightly punching his arm, she laughed that familiar laugh, "I'm not asking you out, didn't you hear what I said?"

They both laughed for a while before going back into conversation. The usual clock rang, signalling for (Y/n) to leave "Well I'm probably interrupting your schedule so I'll be going now!" She was headed for the door and Tord felt an empty pit in his stomach.

"Wait!" He called out.

"What is it? Did I leave something?" (Y/n) asked. Tord started fidgeting nervously, stuttering and not confident like his usual self.

"I-uh... you maybe want to g-go out for dinner tonight? Maybe the bar?" He stammered.

She let out a sigh and crossed her arms. "Didn't you say you were too busy until Saturday?" A sly smirk spread on her face.

"Yeah, well, I'm impatient and I think I might have more time now." Tord sheepishly grinned.

"Well..." She exhaled, "It's a date then! See ya tonight!"

"Oh! Uh, yeah, see you!" Once she left the shop, the two were mentally screaming.

I'm going on a date tonight!

~~~~~~~~~

I'M ALIVE DAMMIT!

And now to explain myself. I... am admittedly losing interest in Eddsworld fanfictions. I can't really find the joy in writing about actual people that exist. Like these are all fictional interpretations of the actual people. Not to mention I've gained interest in other fandoms to write on like Marvel, Sally Face, and etc. I'll still write for this, but just not so often. Heck maybe when I finish the requests I have now, I'll end this series. I might even be a little lazier... but I'll still try.

.:Requests are Closed:.