Chapter 3 - The New Callie

Callie's POV~

"Expirament? Excuse me, what does that mean?" I shouted. All the fear shrunk away, and all I could feel was anger. What was he going to do to me?

"Oh Callie. All you are to me is a mere  squid who has no purpose on this planet! I'm going to make you mine" the creep slithered up onto the bars of my cage, pressed a sweaty tentacle to my forehead. "All we gotta do is change what happens up here" he gestured to my brain.

I wanted to shout at him, but I knew it wouldn't do anything. So I kept my mouth shut.

"First we'll need a little...wardrobe change..."

To my surprise, he unlocked the cage with a key that I now see fit snugly into the overly exaggerated crown on his head.

And they all say Pearl's Head is big! Wait till they see the noggin on this guy!

As I examined what other little objects could possibly fit in the little nooks and crannies of his crown, I heard a little *click*. My eyes turned down to see a shackle chained to my ankle.

Great. Now I'm his pet, too.

"Where are you taking me, peabrain?" I said, trying to say the nicest things I could. Don't want to make him anymore upset than he already looks.

"We're replacing that outfit. The more you look like an octoling, the more convincing it'll be. Plus, it'll give Marie more motivation to get here and save you, if she really believes you've switched over"

"Wouldn't that benefit me though?" I snapped.

"Not exactly. We'll be ready for her. She can't sing that amazingly catchy song without you"

My heart snapped in two when he said that. I remember when Marie and I first defeated him, Along with Agent 3 of course, and sung Calamari Inkantation until he was done for. But he was right.

She couldn't sing that without me. There's something about that song. It's like, magical or something. But it causes pink and green auras to surround every corner of the room we're in when it plays. But it only works if the two of us sing in harmony.

"Here we are! Jodie, she's here!" Octavio said, and snapped me out of my daydream.

"Oh hello sweetie! I'm Jodie! The octarian armor and costume designer! Our lovely king here has sent me the plans for your new and improved outfit!"

I didn't like the way this lady talked. She rolled her "R's" and such. I also didn't like how much emphasis was put on "improved" either.

"I'd rather stay in the clothes I have now, thank y-OW!" I rubbed my upper arm. I turned to Octavio, and he had a baby zapfish in his tentacle. It occurred to me that he tased me with the fish.

"Fine" I grumbled. "I'll wear the stupid outfit" I pivoted back around to Jodie. She beamed and handed me a tote bag full of garbage. What was all this?

A crop top? Booty shorts? Platform shoes?

"Excuse me! I am not marina! And dressing me like her WON'T bring her back!" I couldn't contain my anger anymore. This was getting ridiculous.

I should have kept my mouth shut.

He tased me again, only this time, longer. I rubbed the area still buzzing with electrical surges, and went behind the small curtain Jodie was gesturing to.

Behind the curtain, I struggled to take off my current clothes. I loved them so much, and they looked like a gold mine compared to what was in this tote bag. But, another shock sounded a lot less appealing than a crop top.