Chapter 8 - Agent 2

Authors note: Thank you so much for already 100 reads! That's crazy! And this story has made its way up to 62 on the rankings for "Splatoon" I'm so happy! Thank you all for reading! I hope you enjoy this new chapter of my story! - Space
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Marie's POV ~

"Iris..please. I know it's crazy and a little hard to take in but I really need your help.." I pleaded to the purple inkling.

"Marie..why would you want me? Me out of any other squid in the world! I don't know the first thing about octarians.." Iris fiddled with her long, curly, purple tentacle.

I was desperate to get my cousin back. Even if it meant recruiting an unexperienced child from the middle of inkopolis square. Gramps had recruited a random run of the mill squid, and she ended up rescuing the zapfish and took down what we thought was the whole octarian army. Why would this be any different?

Iris must have read my mind because she brought 3 up right away.

"Where is that agent 3? She should be the one to do this. Not..not me."

"Agent three is gone away on...business with Cap'n cuttlefish.." I glanced nervously towards the 'No Trespassing' sign by the subway entrance where that creepy kid Merch sat playing squid jump.

"I...I'm sorry Marie..I don't think I could.." Iris looked away from me.

"Iris. Please. My cousin. She's trapped with those slimy good for nothing octolings doing cod knows what to her. She could be in serious danger. And I can't go there alone..I need your help. Iris. I'm begging you. Please. Help me save my cousin. Help me save my best frie-end.." I felt warm green tears trickle down my cheeks. It was embarrassing to cry in front of Callie's old friend, but I needed to show her how important saving her was to me

Iris bit her lip, and looked away from me for a moment. She thought it over, and finally closed her eyes and sighed.

"Okay. Take me to this canyon." She said. Reluctantly, but at least she said yes. I didn't hesitate to grab her hand and squid form down he drain of horrors called Octo Canyon.

Callie's POV ~

We all stared at it. The crack. This was very bad. Very, very bad. It wasn't huge, but it wasn't discrete either. Definitely a crack that Octavio would notice.

"Well shoot, Callie! You slammed your roller down to hard and now ya broke your dang glasses" Oscar shouted, making guilt stir around in my stomach

"No! Oscar you fool. It's..well..it's" Olli went to oscars ear and mumbled something. Oscars eyes widened, and he covered his mouth with his hand.

"What? It's what?" I ask frantically... they both looked troubled, and I was very worried this could be a problem. A big problem that could have easily been avoided if I only was told to be careful.

"Callie...it's..it's because...I can't. I can't tell you. It'd be against my orders from Octavio to tell you what you did" Olli looked pained to say this but he was holding it together as best as he can.

"Oscar..please take Callie to Octavio so she can get them fixed. And hurry. Don't say anything about the roller. Just..say she tripped and fell or something" Olli was barking commands at Oscar. For the first time, Oscar didn't make fun of him. He listened and grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the exit of the training facility.

Our footsteps echoed through the long hall toward the door. A pained silence between me and Oscar made the footsteps seem louder. I don't understand why they can't tell me about the crack in my glasses. What it means, what a Roller has anything to do with it. It's all so confusing and I want answers. Nobody is giving me any and I'm starting to feel hurt and upset.