Chapter 19 - Rehypnotization

(A/N: yes this was not a very long break in between but I have nothing better to do rn, and thought I'd just write! We're almost done with the story by now, I'd say there's probably only going to be 7 chapters left, plus an epilogue. Well, enjoy!)

Callie's POV ~

The Octolings who were holding on to me landed in front of the castle doors, an entry way in which I hadn't seen in a while. Last time I was brought here was when my roommates brought me to repair my glasses.

I could not believe myself. So foolish as to fall asleep and let myself get captured once again. I should have gone home and found Marie.

I shouldn't beat myself up about it that much...I was weak and full of many injuries. Scrapes and cuts and my head hurting, my ears still sore from the tearing of my earring. I just assumed they thought i had died, and gave up. Honestly, I'm surprised I made it out alive.

One of the octolings pushed open the door, and once again I was lead into the castle. Their metal boots clacked against the floor, the only sound being heard.

The first Octoling mumbled something to the second one, and she nodded, pushing another big door open. It creaked open to reveal the throne room of Octavio. The place where I was first put being held captive. I thought to myself about the whole adventure.

I glanced up at the empty cage still dangling from the ceiling. About just a month ago, I sat there completely unaware of what was to happen.

I looked back down again. There he was. The Octobot King in all his disgusting glory sat on the throne once again.

"Ah, hello Callie. Hope you had fun on your little adventure, hm?"

"LET ME GO!" I yelled, furious at the fact I was back to square one once again.

"Dear, why won't you stay? We're all ecstatic to see you safe and sound! You gave us all quite a fright" he said, a dark scowl slowly creeping across his face.

"You know I want to go home! Just give up already! You know you octolings have lost! Marie and her new recruit will come and and Kick your a-" he cut me off again.

"Callie, we will win. And you will help us. Unfortunately, there will be punishments for your behavior. I'm afraid you will no longer be staying with Olli and Oscar. You'll be staying with me where I know nothing will happen" he said, grinning.

What? If they were going to rehypnotize me at least I should still stay with them!

"I'm afraid they've been quite a bad influence, and since Olli is the one who set you free, we'll go visit him in the dungeons after this procedure is done." He said, and snapped his fingers.

As if they had rehearsed it, a fleet of six Octoling soldiers emerged from shadows of the throne room.

I looked around frantically, and struggled from the grasp of the original two soldiers. All the others had gathered around and latched on holding me completely still. I tried stomping on their fingers, but it was as if nothing had happened. They just felt no pain whatsoever.

Octavio hopped off the throne, and as he walked towards me, he pulled yet another pair of hypnoshades from his pocket.

"No! No no no! I can't do this! Please!-" I tried to cry, but one of the soldiers clamped a hand over my mouth.

"It's time you finally help us win, Callie" he said.

I felt a single tear fall down my face as he placed the shades on my nose.

And, yet again, the same, burning, rushing, bloodcurdling pain I felt as I always do when the shades are applied was back. I could feel everything slipping away. All my memories were gone, and once again I forgot her.