Chapter 4 - Roomies

Callie's POV ~

"My head hurts. What happened?" I asked, blinking through my glasses.

"U-uh...some inklings...came and hit you in the back of your head...and you got knocked out! Yeah! That's it! Haha..." Octavio said, for some reason with a shaky voice.

"Oh...that's odd. Why would they want to hurt me I'm amazing!" I said and put my hand to my chest.

I took a glance at my outfit. Super cute! I don't really remember ever wearing it, but it was fresh.

The more I focused on my threads, a small pink glob was forming on the skin layer on my stomach. As I watched in awe, eight lines forming the shape of tentacles slowly appeared all around the circle.

Sweet! New glasses and a new tattoo, all in one day? Yes!

Once the tattoo had completely taken shape, I tried to walk over to Octavio, but my hands and legs were in shackles. I tripped and fell flat on my face.

"The glasse- I mean, Callie! Are they...you okay?" He Questioned.

He came and unlocked the locks on my shackles. The king looked up, checked to see if the glasses weren't damaged, and helped me step down from the platform.

I started to take my glasses off. They might have been hurting my head more because they made everything look like a 3D movie.

"DON'T DO THAT! You'll get very sick and  in a worse condition than you already are!" Octavio shouted.

"Okay okay jeez" I said, and slipped them back over my nose.

"Well now that you're safe and away from those icky inklings, let's get you situated with some bodyguards" Octavio beamed.

"Bodyguards? Pu-lease! I can take care of myself thank you very much!" I said bluntly. I tried to wriggle my arm out of his tentacle.

"CLEARLY you can't, if you got beat up without guards by the drain between worlds," the king replied.

I guess that's true. He's so thoughtful. Thinking of me like that. I am so honored

I waved a goodbye to the lab workers, and we exited the big metal room. Some octo workers exited the main room through some open doors, others sat back down and continued their work.

Octavio pulled me down a big metal walkway. I looked down to see little figures of the soldiers welding and hammering big metal patches to Octavio's octobot. It was looking pretty fresh. Lots of new and modern detail added to it.

"Why are their two platforms?" I asked, noticing a smaller platform above where his turntables and strange celery sticks or whatever the heck they were.

"That, my dear, is your new happy place. You get to sing and dance, and all sorts of fun things as I kill your cou-I mean...uh...random inklings who tried to hurt you..." he said.

"Sweet! Do I get to kill anyone? Or just sing...?" I didn't want to sound too disappointed. He did just save my life of course!

"Maybe if your new roomies will teach you how. Speaking of which, here we are! Cell one, floor 15. This floor is where the best octos stay," he said, trying to make it sound cool. I think he noticed I was bored out of my mind.

Yawning, I stepped up and pulled the knock pull. It felt like ages standing there waiting.

"BOYS! FRONT AND CENTER!!"

Olli's POV ~

"Oscar, can you fetch me the screwdriver? I think it's on the coffee table over there" I shouted to my friend and roommate from the kitchen.