Chapter 18 - So Close

(A/N: Yooooo what the fuck is up everyone? How's life? Aye, I brought you another chapter uwu. Don't really have much to say about it but yeh, enjoy)
(EDIT: A user has brought it to my attention that I had originally made Olli and Oscar brothers. Of course, that was an old chapter, and I may have let that minor detail slip my mind. I have edited the old chapter, and now it does not represent an uncomfortable topic. I promise I wasn't trying to write an incest fic, and I'm not trying to put them in a gushy relationship either.)

Olli's POV ~

It was night. Ink that had seeped through cracks in the stone dungeon was the only sound heard. That and oscars snoring.

What a dork. Falling asleep on his guard job.

Next to his chair he was dozing in was a small table, that contained an empty cup, the keys, and a radio. I wanted to listen to music, or at least something that'd shatter the silence of the dungeon.

"Oscar" I said, my voice echoing. It came to my attention we were the only ones down here. Octavio had sent most of his prisoners down below. It looked like He hadn't locked someone in a dungeon in years.

"Oscar!" I repeated again, a little louder this time. I kicked my foot out, causing the chain around my ankle to clink loudly against the metal bars. Oscar woke up abruptly and fell out of the chair.

"Jeez man! You scared the ink out of me!" He said, sat back up and fixed his hair.

"That radio right there. Turn it on. I want to listen to some music" I said, ignoring his scoff.

"Fine" He said, and cranked a knob. First there was a high pitched shriek that filled the dungeons. I tried to pull my hands over my ears but the chains prevented me from doing so. Oscar cranked the knob again, and this one was just static.

"Heh. Guess there's nothing good on nowadays" he said and chuckled. He cranked it one more time, and a voice was heard.

"Good evening listeners" said a monotone, female voice. "My name is Colleen and you're listening to Octo canyon station 8. Next song up by popular demand, Shooting Starfish by Turquoise October, featuring its first exotic singer, Callie"

Exotic? Callie is a Bigfin Reef Squid, not that exotic. However I guess she was our first squid to ever feature in our Octoling rendezvous.

The song had played on. It was a pretty good one, not going to lie. I admit I haven't actually fully listened to one of their songs yet. I was just so mad at her.

"She sounds great here, doesn't she?" Oscar said, smiling towards the radio. "It's what she should be doing. That girl's got a gift for singing"

"She sure is one of a kind. I hope she'll find Marie safely" I said. Oscar gave me a concerned look. "If she doesn't get to Marie soon, Octavio is going to find her, and it'll be too late to save her."

"But what can we even do? You're trapped here and I have to guard. We literally cannot do anything except hope that she's going to be okay. I know there's things you hope you can do but you can't! Ya just can't!" He said and slammed his fist against the bar.

"Oscar...relax! Wh..what was that all about?" I asked him, trying to reach my hand out to comfort him.

"Do you think I wanted to turn you in? No! Do you think I wanted to leave you guys and stand by his royal sliminess every day? Of course not! I did everything to try and achieve my dreams! But what happened to me? I'm stuck in these moldy dungeons, guarding prisoners! But wait, there were none before you! Which means I was put down here because he just WANTS ME OUT OF THE WAY!" He screamed, and started sobbing. I've never in my life seen Oscar cry.

"Never in my life have I felt so worthless" he said after he'd calmed down. "Working so hard to achieve my goals and it's just thrown away." He stared blankly at the stone floor.

"Oscar-" I stared, but he interrupted again.

"I know I haven't been the nicest octopus lately. You probably hate me and I deserve every emotion of wrath you have. I left you, I snitched, and I haven't even been the nicest of friends before Callie. I'm such an awful person" he said.

"Oscar you know I don't think that. I don't hate you! I really care about you. And yeah, you may have acted like a headass but I still want to be friends. Everyone makes mistakes. I know you were just trying to do the best you could to be the captain of the guard" I said, understandingly.

Oscar smiled faintly.

"Thanks Olli. I needed to hear that" he said, and reached his hand into the bars. I took it and we shook hands, maintaining eye contact for an almost uncomfortable amount of time.

I let go and shuffled awkwardly. My tired feet hurt and I sat down. Oscar sighed what sounded like a sigh of relief. It made me happy knowing he wasn't upset with me anymore. All the previous tension had disappeared, and once again, we were just two friends crashing in a room.

~Callie's POV~

"We got her! We found her!" Muffled voices shouted around. I was still drowsy and half asleep on the sandy beach, and I couldn't tell if these voices I heard were a dream or reality.

I soon found out that it most certainly was not a dream.

Someone grabbed me by my wrist, yanking me out of my vivid sleep.

"Ow! Hey! What gives?" I shouted at a muscular Octoling girl, a cold expression I could sense through her shades. She was an elite, I noticed from the kelp weaved into her mocha colored tentacles.

"Do not resist!" She shouted, in octarian language I wish I didn't have to understand. "You are prisoner of Octavio, and you will return to him immediately!"

"No! That slimy beast cannot keep me trapped her anymore!" I shouted, as another Octoling girl grabbed me around the stomach.

"Hough! Ow!" I shouted, my grimaces clearly doing nothing to stop them.

The second Octoling lifted me off the ground, whilst the first one tied my wrists together with a piece of old rope. I tried to escape, but before I could do anything, the pair of Octoling soldiers super jumped back in the direction of Octavio's stadium.

I was so close to freedom, and I let it go to waste. Now I'll be his prisoner once again.