Chapter 14 - Crabby Cakes

(A/N: I am so excited for this chapter and I hope you are too. I couldn't wait till Saturday so if it's early, hope you aren't disappointed! This is the main chapter I've been waiting for. It's kind of long, I hope thats okay but hopefully it will be interesting! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Love y'all 💕)

Olli's POV ~
After Callie and Oscar had left the apartment for Callie's recording session, I sat at the foot of the stairs, and held my head in my hands.

I have been worried sick about him, hoping he would come home and be friends with me again. I was scared he was never going to come home, scared that I'd never talk To him again. And with this new Callie, I'd have no friends left. No one but my OctoBaller.

Speaking of such, I had finally finished it. It was completed, and I could now use it to defend myself, or just for kicks. Who knows. Maybe it'd come in handy one of these days.

I thought to myself about how excited Callie was to go sing. To go do what she was meant to do, and be herself again. She was so overjoyed and sat at the edge of her seat, the most positive emotion I've seen from her in two weeks.

Sitting on the edge of the staircase, I realized I needed to stop feeling sorry for myself. I needed to restore Callie. And reunite her with Marie. The pathetic squid who I saw at the training facility. The one who's heartbreaking cries shattered my emotions. I realized she's feeling the same feelings I had felt about Oscar.

I needed to get them back together. Callie needed Marie, and I needed Oscar. I realized that now. It's time for a plan.

Marie's POV ~

Cuttlefish Cabin. A small shack just in the entrance of Tentakeel Outpost. A broken down place full of rusty panes, a pet owl, and a cozy bench. Stars twinkled faintly above, and the sound of waterfalls in the distance Called for peaceful evenings.

Not a common home, but I refuse to leave it until Callie comes back. I could go to my Apartment, but what if Callie shows up? What if she was here and wasn't? What if she was trying to escape and I couldn't get to her?

I still swear to this day that was Callie I saw in that musky building. She couldn't have betrayed me though, could she? She was just being held prisoner, right?

Right?

There was rustling in the bushes. Not small rustling, like from a bird or jelly, but rather...

Another cephalopod.

"Callie?" I asked the mysterious rustles. No response.

"Show yourself. Now. And Callie...if it's you...please come back...I..I miss you! I promise I won't insult you anymore! I promise I'll be nice! Just please! Stop with the games! Come home to me now! Please?" I begged the stranger. I knew it wasn't Callie. But I wanted to try.

"Ma'am. I'm going to step out of this bush. As long as you promise not to hurt me..." a voice came from the brush.

"Okay. I won't hurt you" I say, unsure if I'd keep that promise.

"Okay. And I assure you I'm not Callie. But I can help you get her back" A scrawny Octoling boy climbed out of the bushes, sticks and dirt sticking out of his hair and uniform. I recognized him. It was the same Octoling from the day I saw her.

"You! It's...it's YOU! Where is Callie? WHERE IS MY COUSIN?" I thundered at him.

"I know exactly where she is. But I can't tell you that exactly. Because in her current state she won't leave willingly" he said to me.

"What do you mean by that? Why would she want to stay in a dumpy place like this?" I spat, causing the Octoling to retract.

"Listen...I can't reveal too much. Because then I'll be killed before I can help you get her back. But please trust me, and she will return safely" he said cautiously.