Chapter 9 - The Truth

(Author's Note) hello readers! I'm back at you with a fresh new chapter of hypnotized! It has been a while since I updated but I'm finally here with a new part! It can be difficult to be writing two stories at one time so please bear with me!

Anyway, I have to say, hypnotized is halfway over. This chapter is about the halfway point of the story. I am proud to have 1k reads, and I'm glad everyone is enjoying this. So without any further ado, I present: Hypnotized: chapter 9!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Olli's POV ~

The inkling had me pinned down to the soggy concrete floor. The damp floor slightly stung my skin as we cephalopods are weak against water. Although the pain in my skin was nothing compared to the awful cry of the corresponding squid sister to Callie. She had found her and she knew we had her. And she was going to kill us at any moment.

Or so I thought. The green and grey squid stood frozen, a single tear flowed down her cheek. The inkling who had me surrendered released and walked over to her. She dropped her gun and patted Marie's back as she fell to her knees and cupped her face in her hands.

"I was so close...she was here I...I knew it...I...lost her again..." she whimpered quietly.

"It's okay, Marie. We're gonna her her back! She couldn't have gone far. We'll just have to keep going." The inkling tried her best to soothe the aching squid. She picked up her gun and shot a menacing look towards my direction.

"You better get the hell out of here if you want to live" she said, pointing the gun at my direction.

Without any hesitation, I scrambled to my feet, snatched my bag of metal parts and Beelined it out of the training facility. I was never going to hear the end of this from Oscar.

Callie's POV ~

"I'm sorry Oscar! I swear I don't know who that is! It just came out...it was so..natural...I just saw that girl and..." I tried to explain to the raging octoling, but he clearly wasn't listening. This was the second time I had angered him. Today.

"Today was doomed from the start. First you and the posters at the café. Then the whole Roller incident. And now the one squid we were trying to keep you away from shows up" he said, arms folded and a stone cold expression.

We walked in silence. I fiddled with my fingers behind my back. The sound of oscar's neo octoling boot heels clinked against the tunnel paths.

Thankfully this awful silence was broken by olli's backpack of junk clanking around and him huffing in pain.

"I'm...here....wait...up..." the boy said, gasping for breath as he finally caught up.

Oscar just glared.

"If you were any later I would have left you behind. Don't let that happen again" he said, and turned back around, heading towards the train to go back home. It was almost night due to all of these shenanigans.

"Oscar. I'm sorry about everything that happened today! Please forgive me. I just...I want to know the truth..." I asked him..hoping he could turn to his soft and happy self again.