9

It didn't take long for me to find a huge window that showed the canopy of a lush, evergreen rainforest and a large panther statue.

I sat on the floor in front of the window, there was no one in this hallway.

I continued to look out the window for a while before I heard footsteps coming down the hall, they were careful.

"Why do you seek seclusion?" the voice of T'Challa sounded.

I twitched an ear in his direction before actually looking at him, "Just... thinking," I told him, moving my tail to curl around myself.

T'Challa sat on the floor next to me, "What troubles you?" he asked as he looked at the huge rock panther that stood in front of the window.

"Everything was so much more... simple before," I told him, looking back at the birds of paradise that flew past the window.

"It was, but change is unstoppable," he agreed.

I looked back over at him, "Steve is upset with me," I told him.

He nodded his head, "You shot someone,".

I shook my head, "He was upset with me before, when I changed..."

T'Challa sighed, "Everything has changed for the Captain, again. For the third time in his life, and he doesn't know what to do. He will find his path, he needs to adjust to this new life first." T'Challa told me as he looked back over the forest.

The two of us sat in silence for a while, until Steve came around to get T'Challa.

The two left and I was alone again.