30

Shuri brought me to the medical facility where the doctors had swarmed me for almost two hours.

T'Challa has showed up somewhere during that time and joined Shuri. The two were talking in hushed tones, but it was obvious neither one was happy about the conversation.

The doctor had even figured out how to get me to change back to my human form, but then they started all over again on their examination.

After that, they'd given me some more clothes.

When they finally decided I was done, they went to talk to Shuri and T'Challa.

I didn't hear what they told them because I ran out of the room at the first chance.

I didn't stop until I was back in my room, I made sure I locked the door behind me before I allowed myself to relax.

I stood just in front of the door for almost ten minutes before I moved away, curling up in a ball under the blankets that were on my bed.

I hadn't slept since yesterday and it was almost noon... I was so tired...
.
.
.
I woke up to someone knocking on the door, there was still light coming through the window, so I guessed I hadn't slept long.

I certainly felt that way. "Dot?" it was Shuri.

I wasn't sure if I wanted her to come in though...

"If you don't open this door I will open it for you," Shuri told me through the door.

I didn't want to get up, I was warm, safe, and comfortable.

I heard faint clicking before the door opened, I decided not to question how she got passed the locked door.

"Dot," I heard her steps walk over to my bed, a second followed just into the room, not going any closer than the doorway.

A hand touched my shoulder, "Dot, talk to me," Shuri's voice was soft.

I stayed quiet.