24

I woke up the next day feeling a pit of dread in my stomach.

I was pretty sure Steve would be waking up feeling the same way.

It was still dark out though.

I bit my lip and looked around my room, I didn't have anything to entertain myself with other than school work.

I sat up and ran a hand through my hair, it was too early to get dressed, but I knew I wouldn't be able to fall asleep.

I stared at the wall for a few moments before I decided to get up.

I pulled on a jacket and a pair of fuzzy socks before I left the room.

I walked down the halls, there was no one else awake.

I wandered aimlessly for a while, eventually coming upon the door to go outside. No one would mind if I went out, right? If they did, it's not like they'd even know I went.

I closed the door quietly behind me and walked along the balcony, unlike the rest of the building, the forest was alive.

I could hear bugs chirping and birds doing the same. It sounded so peaceful...

I sat down, my legs dangling over the edge of the balcony.

I stared over the forest for a while, I'm still not quite sure when I fell asleep.
.
.
.
I woke up to someone picking me up. "Dot, what are you doing out here?" I heard Steve ask as he walked back inside.

I gave a tired mew before I actually opened my eyes.

"Hey," Steve's voice was gentle as he rocked me awake.

I made a small groan and buried my face into his neck.

"Where was she?" I heard as we walked into the medical room.

Bucky was dressed in all white with doctors buzzing around him like flies.

"Outside, she was sleeping on the balcony," Steve informed.