26

Steve and I spent the rest of the day together, Sam found us sitting on the balcony.

"What's wrong with you two?" he asked as he waltzed on the balcony, we were both looking over the forest surrounding.

"Bucky went back under," Steve sounded hollow when he said it.

Sam seemed to get the gist, "Cyro?" he asked as he walked over and sat down next to me.

Steve only nodded his head as he watched a colorful bird fly over the trees below.

"How long's he planning on staying under?"

Steve shrugged, "Until Shuri can find a way to get rid of the words,".

I didn't know what words he was talking about, but something in me didn't want to ask.

Sam made a noise of acknowledgement, "So we're gonna sit out here like the cheesey movies and watch the sun set?"

I heard Steve huff a laugh, "I guess so," Steve said, looking down.

Sam nodded his head, "Nice,".

Sam looked from the forest to me, "So how's school going?"

I didn't answer until Steve called my name.

"It's fine," I told him shortly before I got up and walked inside.

"She's upset," I heard Steve say, excusing my walking off.

I walked inside and went back to my room, locking the door behind me.

I heard the door knob jiggle as someone tried to open it.

I didn't get up to check who it was.

But if the soft, "Dot, Sam and I are going on a mission for T'Challa," from the other side of the door was anything to go off of, it was probably Steve.

I didn't reply either.

Everyone was leaving me.