20

My head hurt after Shuri decided to let me go.

As soon as I'd sat down, she started teaching me the English alphabet and how to write.

She told me we'd finish first grade tomorrow since we'd spent most of today learning to read and write before she gave me a test on first grade information to see what I knew.

I walked out of the room to see Steve was walking down the hallway towards my classroom.

He was looking down at his phone as he walked, texting someone probably.

I trotted over to him, he looked up from his phone as he heard my steps, "Hey Dot," he greeted as he put his phone into his pocket.

"Hello," I told him tiredly, my head still throbbed.

"Did you have fun?" Steve asked as he started to walk with me towards the dining area.

I nodded, "My head hurts," I told him, rubbing my temples.

He laughed, "School does that to ya'," he told me as we passed the hall that lead to everyone's rooms.

Bucky was leaving his room as we passed, he noticed us, "Hey!" he called as he made his way over.

Steve stopped walking to wait for him, I waited too.

Bucky slowed as he got closer, "How was your first day of school?" he asked as he ruffled my hair.

I swatted him away, "She has a headache," Steve told him.

Bucky removed his hand from my hair, "Tough first day?" he asked as we started to walk again.

I shrugged and followed the two to the kitchen area.

There wasn't anyone there other than a woman who was cleaning the table, she took noticed of our presence, bowing her head to excuse herself as she stepped out of the room.

A man stepped in a few moments after she left, "Can I get you anything?" he asked politely.

Bucky nodded his head, "We're just getting her a snack to help with her headache," Bucky informed him, motioning towards me.

The man nodded his head and disappeared into the kitchen.

Bucky and Steve sat at the table, "So what all did you learn today?" Bucky asked as I sat down.

I thought for a moment, "I learned how to read," I offered.

Steve and Bucky both smiled.

"That's good!" Steve told me.

"That's an important skill," Bucky added.