Chapter 5

Bandit's POV

Why am I falling for someone that I can't have? This shouldn't be happening. I led in my bed thinking about this. It was Friday morning, and I should be going to school, but I don't want to. If I do, I will have to face him. I couldn't do that. Ever since he told me about his ideal girlfriend, which was a month ago now, I can't stop thinking about Pete.

"Bandit, get up, you have school." My mom ordered as she walked into my room.

"I don't feel good." I lied.

She went over to me and placed her hand on my forehead. "You don't have a fever."

"Mom, I have a headache, and I feel really sick." I tried to convince her.

"Fine, you can have today off." She gave in. "Stay in bed, and I'll have Patrick look after you. I'm leaving for my business trip this evening, so I'm going to say good bye now."

She kissed my forehead and left the room. I sat up, deciding whether or not I should eat. I decided not to. I grabbed my notebook and took a look at requests. Today, I might just gather the stuff that I can.

I got changed and checked the house. My mom had gone to work, Nate was now living with Amanda and Patrick was in bed. I grabbed my hoodie, putting my hood up to cover my face a little, and left.

It was 5pm when I got home. I ran to my room and hid all the goods in my closet. There was a knock on my bedroom door before Patrick entered.

"Where have you been?" He asked.

"School..." I lied.

"Don't lie B, mom wrote me a note on the fridge. You were apparently 'ill'." He sighed.

"I lied about that..." I admitted. "I didn't want to go to school, so I lied to mom. I then went out to get my clients requests."

"Bandit, why did you bunk off school?"

"I was trying to avoid someone."

"Who?"

"Just someone I have a crush on..."

"B, you can't hid away from them forever."

"I know. It was a one time thing, promise."

"Okay." He smiled. "The guys will be over any minutes now, if Pete asks, you were ill."

"Got it." I nodded.

Patrick left, making his way down stairs. I decided that I was hungry, so I went downstairs as well. I went to the kitchen and made myself a sandwich. As I finished my sandwich, the door opened and closed. Joe, Andy and Pete walked into the kitchen.

"Hey B, where's your brother?" Joe asked.

"In the lounge." I smiled.

"Okay." Joe smiled back.

Andy and Joe left the room to get Patrick. Pete, however, stayed in the kitchen.

"Did I miss anything important at school today?" I asked, my smile fading.

"Not really... Why wasn't you there?"

"I was ill... But I'm feeling better now." I assured him.

"That's good." He sighed.

"So guys..." Patrick said, waltzing into the kitchen. "My mom is away on a business trip."

"Please say the we can have a party. Please say we can have a party." I whispered, closing my eyes and crossing my fingers.

"We should have a party." Patrick suggested.

"Yes!" I shouted in agreement. I was smiling like an idiot.