Chapter 34

Bandit's POV

"Bandit, what are you doing here?" Pete asked when he opened the door.

"I had to get out of the house." I sighed.

He let me in and then closed the door. I placed my bags in his room and then sat on his bed. Pete followed and sat next to me. He looked a little guilty.

"What's up?" I finally asked.

"Candy kissed me." He answered, looking at his hands.

I placed my hand on top of his. "Did you kiss her back?"

"No." He sighed, looking at me.

I smiled. "Then there's nothing to worry about."

I kissed him lightly. When I pulled back he had a little smile on his face.

"So, are you going to tell me what's wrong with you?" He asked.

"David and Carrie are getting married on Saturday." I explained. "They wanted me to be a bridesmaid, but I told that I couldn't cause if the funeral. David then said I had to go and I didn't want to, so I packed a bag and came here."

"Do they know that your here?" He smirked.

"About that..." I looked down.

"Bandit..." Pete hinted for me to continue.

"I told him that I was staying here the night. He said that I couldn't cause your my teacher and people would get suspicious. I then yelled back saying that you was my boyfriend and then that's when I walked out." I looked up at him.

"So, I should be careful just in case your dad comes after me?" He laughed a little.

"Yeah." I laughed with him.

-------------------

Saturday went really well. It was the best send off for Scout, even though not many people turned up. It was just Steve, Jake, Zach, Me, Pete and Scouts other siblings. I had to make a speech, which ended up with me crying and hyperventilating. Pete had to finish the speech for me.

Me and Pete are no longer together. We broke up two days after the funeral. We kept arguing about Candy and Neil. Pete thought that I was cheating on him with Neil, and I thought that he was cheating on me with Candy. It was that healthy. He's trying to focus on teaching and the band. I only see him at school and the odd time he does band practise.

It has been two weeks since then, and in all honesty, I've not been feeling good. Patrick, Joe, Andy and Nate have all told me to go to the doctors, but I refuse to do so.

I walked into school on my own. I had stopped by the drug store before hand to get a pregnancy test. It was stupid to even think that I was pregnant, but I had the same symptoms.

"Hey Bandit!" Harley beamed when she saw me.

"Hi." I quickly muttered before running to the toilet.

I leaned over the toilet and started being sick. Harley had followed me and she held my hair back. Once I was done, flushed the toilet, stood up and swilled my mouth out.

"Bandit, what's wrong?" She asked. This was the first time that she had seen me like this.

"I'm late." I croaked, looking at the sink.

"Your pregnant?" She guessed.

I shrugged and looked at her. "I think so... I've brought a test."

"Well, do the test then." She encouraged. "It could be good."

I rolled my eyes and went into one of the toilet stalls. I locked the door, and did the test. I nearly fainted when I saw the result.

"Bandit? Have you done it?" Harley asked.

I walked out and handed her the test. I stared at myself in the mirror.

"Oh my!" Harley squealed. "Congratulations!"

She gave me a surprise hug. I hugged her back. I was just over come with shock.

"You need to tell Mr Wentz." She pointed out.

I nodded and she handed me the test. I then grabbed my bag, put the test in my pocket and ran down the hall. I kept calling 'Mr Wentz' as I ran. I soon reached his room.

"Mr We-" I stopped mid sentence.

Sat in Pete's chair was Mrs Beck, the teacher that he was covering for.

"Hello Bandit." She smiled. "Can I help you?"

"I-I was looking for Mr Wentz." I managed to say. "He was our substitute whiles you were gone."

"I'm afraid that he isn't going to come back." She sighed. "Is it anything that I can help you with?"

"No no." I sighed. "I'll see you after lunch miss."

I quickly walked out. I didn't know where I was walking to until I walked into Darren's office.

"Can I help you Bandit?" Mr Wall asked.

"Why is Mrs Beck here?" I asked.

"Didn't the guys tell you?" He asked, sounding concerned

"Tell me what?" I stared at him blankly.

"They've been offered a record deal in LA." He explained. "They're leaving tonight, but Pete left yesterday."

"He left without telling me?" I whispered.

"Looks like it." He nodded.

"Darren - I mean, Mr Wall - Can I skip school today?" I asked.

"Why?" He asked. "What's happened?"

"I..." I closed my eyes, he'd find out sooner or later. "I'm pregnant with Pete's baby. I was going to tell him earlier, but Mrs Beck was there instead."

"I'll write a slip and you can leave." He smiled at me sadly. "I'm sure if you try and contact Pete, he'll come to his senses."

I just nodded and waited for him to write the slip. Once he did, I got up and left.

That night, I told every my news before saying goodbye to Patrick, Joe, Andy and Elisa. I told them not to tell Pete because I wanted to tell him myself. I called and called him, but there was no answer.

I never spoke to Pete to again...