Chapter 17

Bandit's POV

I could feel someone poking me. Frankly, it was getting annoying. I slowly opened my eyes and saw that it was Patrick.

"Hey Band." He smiled weakly.

"Hey." I whispered.

"You need to get up... You have school." He sighed.

"I don't want to go..." I argued.

"Bandit, you haven't been going to school for the past month." He pointed out.

Ever since I broke up with Pete a month ago, my life has gone down hill. I haven't been at school, I'm still dealing drugs to Luke and I'm getting back to my old ways.

"Fine..." I gave in. "I'll go to school."

I got up and got changed for the day. Once I was ready, I grabbed my bag and headed to school.

As I got out of my car, lots of people stared at me with wide eyes. It was like I had been gone for year.

This could take some time getting used to.

Pete's POV

It was Lunch. Me, Jen and Carrie were sat in my class room eating lunch.

I really missed Bandit. It really upset me when we broke up. I hadn't seen much of Bandit. She hasn't been at school and whenever I go to hers, she was never there.

"Bandit's at school today." Jen sighed. "That's a surprise."

"She's not been acting like herself lately." Carrie spoke up. "She keeps getting nose bleeds, she's more alert. Her anxiety level has definitely gone up and she's more paranoid. There are times when I see her and she's shaking, sweating... It's just not right. I think she's ill."

"Hasn't she been to see a doctor?" Jen asked, sounding concerned.

"No." Carried shook her head. "She claims to be perfectly fine. She says that she feels good in herself."

The bell rang, meaning it was now the lesson where I had to teach Bandit. Jen stood up, gave me a quick kiss and then left the room. I started writing things on the bored.

I saw Bandit walk into the room. She was really pale. Not only that but she looked as if she was shaking and sweating.

"Welcome back Bandit." I sighed.

"What?" She asked. "I haven't done anything."

"I know..." I said. "I was just welcoming you back to school since you've missed so much time off."

"Oh..." She sighed before sitting down quickly.

"Task is on the bored." I told everyone. "A essay on Romeo and Juliet."

They quickly got on with their work. I sat at my desk and started marking papers. Half way through the lesson, I kept hearing someone sigh in frustration. I looked up and saw that it was Bandit.

One minutes Bandit would be trying to write and then the next she would drop her pen, wipe her hand on her leg and then start writing again. The only problem was that her hand wouldn't stop shaking.

Next thing I knew, Bandit got up and left the room.

Harley's POV

I looked at Mr Wentz. He looked worried as he stared at where Bandit left. I was worried as well.

Bandit isn't Bandit anymore. She doesn't help people anymore, she has blocked herself from everyone.

This has happened once before. When she was 15, she got hold of some drugs. She got addicted to lots of drugs; Cocaine, Cannabis, Speed, Ecstasy, etc; but the main one was Benzedrine.

I stood up and walked over to Mr Wentz.

"What is it Harley?" He asked he noticed me.

"I'm worried about Bandit." I admitted. "I think she went to the toilets, can I go and check on her?"

"Fine." He sighed. "I want both of you to stay behind after school to catch up on work."

I nodded and walked out if the room. I ran into the toilets and saw Bandit leaning against the wall, holding a tissue to her nose.

"Bandit, are you okay?" I asked.

"Never better." She smiled.

"What's wrong with your nose?" I asked.

Her smile faded and she looked down. After 10 minutes, she still didn't answer me. That's when I realised what was wrong.

"Oh..." I sighed walking over to her. "Not again."

She sunk to the floor and started crying. I sat next to her and rubbed her shoulder.

"I-I'm sorry." She sobbed.

"Why?" I asked.

"The night I dumped P-Pete, I met up with Luke. H-he found out about me and Pete, a-and threatened to tell people if I didn't get him some cocaine." She explained. "I got it him and then when I got home, I dumped Pete before he could find out what I had down... That way he wouldn't dump me. Luke wanted more drugs and after a week, I caved in. I took some cocaine and then I took other drugs. Now I'm fixed on Benzedrine again."

"Bandit, you need stop taking that stuff." I sighed.

"I've tried!" She suddenly shouted. "I've tried over and over! When I don't it, or any other drug, I start to sweat and shake! I start feeling sick! Face to Harley, I'm an addict!"

I pulled her into a hug and let her sob into my shoulder. We sat like that for a good 5 minutes.

"There's worse." She suddenly whispered. "I'm dealing it."

I sighed and pulled away. Her tears had stooped and her nose was no longer bleeding.

"We better get to class." I said, standing up.

I held my hands out and she took them. I helped them up and and we walked to English.

"Oh yeah, Mr Wentz wants us to stay behind after school to catch up on work." I quickly whispered to her before we entered the room.