Chapter 6

Bandit's POV

I woke up with the biggest headache ever. I held my head as I sat up. The sun was beaming through my curtains, it was so bright that it hurt. I looked round. I was on my bedroom floor. I remembered last night perfectly.

I made the worse mistake ever last night. I can't believe that I slept with my teacher, who is also my brothers best friend. Even though it was so good, it was way too bad. I remembered making a promise not to tell anyone, and that was a promise that I was willing to keep.

I slowly stood up and went downstairs. Sat at the kitchen table, Patrick, Pete, Joe and Andy were drinking coffee with their heads in their hands. They all turned and look at me when I entered.

"Your finally awake." Patrick smiled at me.

"What's the time?" I asked, taking a seat next to Joe.

"Almost 1pm." Joe sighed.

"How long have you guys been awake?"

"Since 11am." Andy replied.

"Do you guys remember anything from last night?" Pete asked.

"I remember coming back here after going out, but I don't remember anything after that." Patrick replied.

"Same." Joe and Andy said in unison.

"What about you Pete?" Patrick asked.

"I remember you three leaving and that's it, don't remember anything else..." Pete admitted.

In a way, it killed me that Pete didn't remember what happened. Maybe he was lying, maybe he did know what happened between us.

"Bandit, what do you remember?" Patrick asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Just you, Joe and Andy leaving... I don't remember anything after that..." I lied.

We heard the door open and close. I took no notice of it. I thought it was Nate with Amanda. But, then, a certain someone started shouting.

"What the hell happened here?!" My mom shouted.

"Mom..." Patrick smiled a little. "What are you doing home so early?"

"Patrick Martin Stump and Bandit Ashlee Stump, what happened?!" My mom ignored Patrick's question.

"We had a mini party..." I gulped. "It was only us 5."

"You and four boys?!"

"Yes..."

"Did anything happen?! Did you get drunk?!"

"Yes, we got drunk. I didn't do anything with them. Why? Because Patrick is my brother. Joe, Pete and Andy are his friends. Plus, Pete is my teacher, I wouldn't do anything with him." I lied at the last part.

"Mom, what are you doing home?" Patrick repeated. "I thought you were away on a business trip for the whole weekend..."

"I lied." She sighed. "Actually, I have someone I want you to meet."

Me and Patrick glanced at each other. We already knew that it was going to be a man who she is probably dating.

"Darren, you can come in now." My mom said, looking behind her.

A man who was probably in his early 40's appeared next to my mom. He had blonde hair and blue eyes. He was probably about 5'9. He wore a Adidas top with denim jeans and sneakers. Both me and Patrick knew this man. He was the principle of out school.

"Patrick, Bandit, this is my boyfriend Darren." She announced with a smile. "Darren, you my second oldest son, Patrick and my youngest daughter Bandit." She pointed at us. "That is Joe and Andy, Patrick's fellow band members. Of course you know Pete, he too is in the band with Patrick."

"Hello everyone." Darren smiled.

I looked down at what I was wearing. I was in a vest top, hoodie and underwear. My principle, who is now my moms boyfriend, has just seen me like this.

"I'm going to go get changed." I sighed, walking to the stairs.

When I got to my room, I ran to my closet. I put on my Beatles tee and black skinny jeans. I brushed my hair to the side and then went back downstairs.

Pete and Darren were sat at the table talking about the school system. I casually sat next to Patrick and waited for him to start conversation. It was all too quiet.

"So, Bandit, what do you think of school?" Darren asked me suddenly.

"It's okay I guess." I shrugged.

"I heard your doing well in English." He stated.

I looked at Pete. "I'm not doing that well. I am improving though."

"That's great to hear." Darren smiled. "Are you looking forward to prom next week?"

I looked down. "I'm not going to prom."

"Why? You always go..." Patrick gave me a confused look.

"I don't have a date..."

"You've never had a date, but that's never stopped you."

"I usually arrive with someone though. Me, Harley and her date would go. Now that me and Harley aren't friends, I'm not going. I don't want to be alone. Plus, watching people dance to soppy love songs make me sick." I rushed.

"I've brought you a dress." My mom said. "Your going."

"I'm not going." I argued.

"You might find someone there." Pete spoke up. "Always happened to me when I went to prom."

"Nope." I shook my head. "Still not going."

They all went quiet. No one said anything. It was kind of awkward having Darren here...

"Bandit, what's that on you neck?" Andy asked, pointing to my neck.

I instantly put my hand to my neck, wondering what he meant. I then realised what happened last night. I rubbed my hand against my neck.

"Is that a hickie?!" My mom shouted, pulling my hand away

"Maybe..." I avoided eye contact with her by looking at the table.

"Who the hell gave you that?! That wasn't there when I left yesterday!" She turned to Joe, Andy and Pete. "Did one of you do this?!"

"Nope." Pete protested. "She's my student, I wouldn't do that."

"I didn't." Joe shrugged.

"I certainly didn't do it." Andy sighed.

"I got it yesterday, as in, during the day. Not at the party. None of them did it..." I had to come up with some excuse. "Luke did it."

As soon as the words came out of my mouth, I regretted them. I knew that my mom would go and talk to Luke about it. I would have to speak to him, and convince to go along with it. I hated the thought.

"You two are back together?" My mom smiled. She always liked Luke.

"Y-yeah." I lied. "We got back together on Thursday."

"Are you serious?" Patrick asked. "I don't want him hurting you again."

"He won't. We spoke about it and he is really sorry." I gulped.

"You should invite him round for dinner tonight." My mom beamed.

"S-sure." I nodded.

What have I done?