2.) A Year with Damian

Brother let me be your shelter
I'll never leave you all alone
Be the one you can call
When you're low
Brother let me be your fortress
When the night winds are driving on
Be the one to light the way
Bring you home
~Brother ~ NEEDTOBREATHE~

...November 17, 2017...

"Haharr!" the hyena growls.

"I don't care if– wait, what?" the girl turns towards Damian. "Uh... Who are you?"

"Hahra," the beast whines.

The woman whips her head back at the hyena before looking back at the boy. "He smells like Batman? Why do you smell like Batman?"

"How do you know him?" Damian huffs, getting more defensive.

The woman has a quick flicker of sadness across her face, so fast that only a trained eye could see it. "I was on a team simply called The Team, but I liked to call them the Young Justice League. I ended up dating his first partner."

Damian's eyes get slightly bigger. "Are you Aura West otherwise known as Bolt?"

She chuckles sadly. "Wow, I haven't heard that name in quite a long time."

"I've come here because I need to find out who I am, who I need to be," Damian says.

"This is the place to go. I've been here for quite a while, figuring out who I need to be. What's your name?" Aura asks.

"My name is Damian Wayne, I am the son of Batman and Talia Al Ghul. I've taken the role of Robin, and I've worked along side my father for 5 months."

"Wow, Brucie finally had one of his own. An Al Ghul no less. I'm Aura West as you know and this is my pet hyena. Her name is Storm." She moves up to Damian, scooping him up.

"What are you doing?!" he shouts, trying to shove her away.

She gives him a wink. "Trust me. It'll be faster this way."

~~~Aura's POV from now on until told otherwise~~~

Seeing Damian made me have a flashback to when I left.

I didn't leave to the Himalayas until after my funeral. Watching everyone crying over me made me break and almost want to reveal that I'm not dead, but I couldn't. After Richy sung one of our many songs, I began to cry, causing the lights of the building to flicker.

I watch them take a coffin full of flowers and photos to bury outside. All of the guests carry an umbrella out except the men carrying the coffin. Wally, Barry, Richy, and dad all take a corner to lift and carry to the grave. A tent is pitched over the hole for the grave with a few chairs for close family members. Wally, mom, dad, Barry, and Iris take the first row and Richy, Alfred, Bruce, Artemis, Jason, and the rest of the team sit in the back. The others stand nearby.

After the service is over everyone heads inside for the reception. Mom, dad, Barry, Iris, Wally, Richy, Jason, and the team remain behind a little longer. The team leaves slowly after along with Iris until the two remaining are Wally, Jason, and Richy.

Wally clasps a hand on Jason and Richy's shoulder. "I'm gonna head inside. You two should too. We don't want you to get sick. Aura wouldn't want you getting sick on us now."