responsible

Jeno PoV

Jaemin...

Just Jaemin.

Ever since I saw him when he came into the school that first day I knew I had to talk to him. Luckily, he approached my first as I sit at that damned desk in Ms. Jeons homeroom.

When he had that breakdown when we were at his house I felt bad. Why would something like that happen so such a precious boy? Na Jaemin, the person I accidentally fell head-over-heels for the first day I met him, going through the same things I went through. I just want to protect him.

I still remember the day I came out to my parents, and that was most definitely not a pretty sight.

I mean, I didn't see it.

I was living it.

The pure hatred in my father's eyes as he grabbed the dining table chair and flung it. When my mother attempted to stop him, even though she was angry as well.

Hey, the good thing is that she tried. But she still insulted me with words like 'faggot' and 'failure'. But when my dad got the small kitchen knife out is when I was truly terrified.

I remember being hunched in the corner of the kitchen and on the verge of fainting from possible blood loss when my mom finally called the hospital. Honestly, I have no idea if it was even blood loss. Whatever it was, it was suffocating. It was painful.

My father... I haven't seen him since. Or my mother. Ten has been my parent since that day 2 years ago. He's cared for me, him and Johnny together, and even taught me English before moving to America. It's better here, and not having to think about them makes it all the better.

I never want Jaemin to go through what I did. I've only known him for a few weeks and I already am obsessed.

You could say I have a bit of a boy problem.

*

"Jenoooooo."

That whine could only mean one thing.

"Jaemin, I'm not going to do your homework for you. Either I help you or you're on your own."

"Then be my tutor, smartass."

Jaemin huffs and smacks his paper down on the table beside my bed. "I need helpppp." His tone only rises as I turn my back to him. "What's the magic word?" I smirk to myself, feeling victorious, but the victory is soon wiped away when I feel cold hands sliding up my shirt. O-oh God...

"Pretty please?" Jaemins breath is hot on my ear, causing me to jolt. "God okay okay fine just never do that again." He bursts into a giggling fit as I turn around, red hot heat rising to my face.

"Someone's embaaaarrassed." He pokes at my chest and I swipe at his hand. "I won't help you if you keep doing that." He stops poking at me, a frown adorning his already beautiful features.

"Boys I-" Ten opens the door to a red faced me and instantly grins, the evil grin that everyone is afraid of. Even Johnny. "It's not what it seems." I sigh, covering my warm cheeks in an attempt to cool them.

"Jaemin, sweetie, be proud of yourself you made someone like Jeno blush that bad." Ten winks at Jaemin. I watch as Jaemins eyebrows raise in a perfect arch, admiring how flawless he looks without having to do much of anything. God, he's so perfect. "Oh?" Jaemins lips curl into his signature cat smile, his eyes glimmering slightly.

"It's not my fault I like cute things." I mumble, causing Ten to shriek and throw his hands up in the air. I mean, after putting the plate of cookies down on the bedside table. "Jeno? Liking someone?" Jaemin just watches, amused, as I creep farther back. Can one just die on the spot? On command? Please?