hawk

Jaemin PoV

I finally get home from Jenos, who lives down a few blocks from my house. I go over there a lot to escape my parents, who have gotten worse. The screaming has decreased significantly, but my dad hasn't been home as much.

So when I open the door and find my dad waiting for me on the other side, a metal spoon in hand, I fear for my life.

If I have to take another beating I don't know what I'd do. Come out as gay and run away? Probably the best idea. The most random idea but the one I'm relying on to work the most right now.

"Where were you." Himchans voice is lower than usual as he raises the spoon, striking my arm hard. I flinch, seething through my teeth from the dull throbbing that replaces the strike. "At- AH- Jenos house." The pain is bearable at the moment, but if he takes out anything else I'm done for.

"That Jeno boy must be something because you stay out so late." My father grabs my arm hard, his unclipped nails digging into my arm. "Ever since that night you've been acting weird. What is that boy?" His voice hardens as I'm dragged to my room. Well, somewhere near it at the most.

"He's my best friend."

"Yeah? And?"

"And what?"

"Why is there dried cum on your hand? I'm not stupid, Jaemin."

Oh shit I totally forgot. It had dried where I didn't feel it or see it, on the outer parts of my arm. He obviously could've felt it from how hard he's gripping my arm.

"Who said it was Jenos?"

"Are you a fag?"

Here it is, the moment I'm going to die. His eyes blaze with a never seen before fire as he throws my arm and runs into the kitchen. "I asked you a question kid."

"Are you gay?"

I mean, I'm not a very good liar, and when my dad walks back out of the kitchen with a small, sharp kitchen knife I have no other choice.

"What if I am? Are you going to treat me like Jenos parents did? Hurt him until he was on the verge of death?" I eye the knife as he stops right in front of me.

"He's one too?" An exasperated groan escapes my 'fathers' lips and the hand with the knife falls back to his side. "I could tell the first time I saw him. He turned my son into a fag." His face twists into a look of pure hatred as his eyes find me again, where I had backed up into the wall.

I pull out my phone, texting Jeno very quick to call the cops. I can't call them now, I'd get stabbed! "No, I figured it out on my own!" I yell as my dad takes one large stride toward me. "Turn around."

"What are you gonna do? Rape your own son?"

"You're no son of mine. Now turn around."

I do as he asks and feel my shirt riding up, cold fingers brushing my back. I finally feel tears stinging my eyes as the knife touches my upper left back.

"Jeno... Hurry."

I sob, feeling the knife pierce through the skin. It's unbearable, but I don't move. It could make it worse.

"Shut up faggot." He begins to carve out something into my back. I can tell it's not just out of complete anger, because he's being very particular about what he's doing and not just haphazardly slicing at my back.

Sirens blare outside by the time he's to the right side of my back. The door bursts open, revealing 3 cops and behind them I see Johnny. "Help." I cry, my throat feeling dried and sickly as I fall down on my knees.