Come back I still need you

Thursday:
Sergeant Renzulli spill up me and Jamie after he found out we were dating he spilt us up because he didn't think it was professional to be dating and working as partner, we worked together for 3 days and non I'm working with Officer Cruz and he's working with Officer Janko I'm totally not jealous at all that he's working with another girl.

———

"Jamie!" I yelled while running after them, the doctors where wheeling him into surgery after he got shot on the line of duty, I wasn't there but I heard it over the radio. I ran as far as I could until Danny pulled me back putting his arms around me tightly so I couldn't go anymore. Tears where coming down my face I couldn't lose him like I lose Joe.
"Let me go, I need to see him"
"Katelyn relax" He said keeping his arms around me and wiping my tears. He said down in the chair, and I sat in the other chair laying my head on his lap. Many thought were going through my head such as if he didn't make it then I would kill myself because I can't do this without him.

Jamie's POV:

Me and Officer Janko was chasing after an armed suspect trying to take him down, my shot missed him and I ended up getting shot in my stomach I went down to the ground losing my breath.
"Go after him Janko!" I said in between breaths she turned around and ran over to me and put pressure on the gun shot
"Officer 10-13 requesting backup—"  That's all I heard before passing out from the lack of blood.
———

All I was thinking about was I couldn't die, I can't leave Katelyn I can't she's my everything and it will kill my family if they lose me after Joe.