Chapter 7: Listen

"How can you do this to me?"

      That was the first thing Noctis told you after you pulled him out of your room leaving Cloud inside. You closed the door shut and the two of you now stood face to face. You sighed, knowing this would happen to the fact that Cloud really wanted to meet Noctis.

     "Look, I've been planning to tell you this," you took a deep breath, trying to steady yourself when you saw his piercing eyes at you, "but a lot of things have happened lately and Cloud is one of them. I wanted you to meet him as soon as possible because—"

     "No. No that's not it." He chuckled in a sarcastic way; it was clear he didn't like what he saw. You swallowed nervously. "(Y/N), I've trusted you my whole life. You promised that we'll be loyal to each other forever and I'm doing my part. Tell me, how can you hide something from me?"

     Though his voice was soft, you could still feel the anger in it. He was trying to control himself, or else you would stand there looking down as he shouted at you.

     "(Y/N). Answer me. Look at me."

    "It's not what you think." You looked deeply into his eyes.

    "Not what I think? For how long have you been hiding him here? What have you two been doing when I'm away? What, is this the replacement of me not spending much time with you? Am I not enough for you? Tell me (Y/N)! Because I'm all so tired of this." You were about to take his hand but he pushed your hand away. "If I'm not enough, and you don't want me anymore because you already replaced someone who's—"

     "I still love you!" you stammered. "Noctis would you please listen to me first before you say anything that isn't real? I've never done anything stupid and I will never replace you with anyone else!"

     "Then why is he there? I have the right to accuse you for—"

     "Don't you remember him?" You stared in disbelief. "Noctis, Cloud had been dead. Years ago. But he came back. He came back to life! He was resurrected here exactly in Insomnia. He was looking for me this morning; I spotted him in the courtyard." The further you got, the softer his face went and the tamer his eyes looked. "Don't you remember anything with him? Of him saving you? Don't you remember how he sacrificed himself without giving us a sign he'd actually do it?"

The pair of blue hues staring at you were now half-lidded; he heaved a sigh after a moment. "Of course. . . Of course I do. I do remember him saving us. Cloud Strife. He even saved me from getting killed by Ardyn."

You continued, "If you think I had feelings for him, no. I didn't like him, not even once in my life." You pushed away the thought—you actually gained something about him back when you were in Gaia, but it all disappeared. "Please, Noctis, hear me out. He's not only what we have to be taking care of. If you only knew that Ardyn is still alive, I wouldn't doubt he's the one behind all of this. The ones who want to take Luna, the walls falling, Prompto kidnapped—"

"Prompto's kidnapped?" he repeated, but his voice now a had a hint of worry. "Since when?"

You sighed. "Don't know when, but I'm sure Ardyn's trying to hold him hostage. I don't want to think it's a trap or anything. But we have to save Luna first, then we'll find where the main enemy is hiding."

"How are you sure Ardyn's alive? I—I barely remember what happened back then."

"What?" You coughed in disbelief. "What do you mean, you don't remember what had happened during the war?"

"I don't. And it's weird. Losing some of my memories never happen. Only now. But I've never done anything to make them lose. Unless someone stole them?"