Epilogue

"Move it!"

Your left shoulder was pushed forward that made you open your eyes. The passengers were starting to move out the train so you moved onwards, filling into the crowd. After less than a week of trying to sink things in and getting over everything that happened, everything was all so different here from what you had been used to in Eos. You hopped off the train, the seemingly endless night that hovered over Edge mixing with the infinite noises of the city as you headed straight for Sector 7.

After passing through alleyways and taking a few turns, you finally saw the familiar signage of 7th Heaven, the letters emitting a neon glow at the top. You entered the bar as soon as you heard the faint voices inside.

"(Y/N)!" Marlene soon welcomed you; she was very excited she could not hide the joy in her face when she saw you. "You came to visit again!"

You returned a smile, seeing how much she had grown. The last time you saw her was very different from how she was now, remembering she was only seven five years ago. Marlene already began talking about a lot of things, starting from the rabbit she had not more than a month ago and how feisty it was for food to her sudden whisper of having a crush on the 'boy' who was always with Nyx and Luna, saying how she could have talked to him more if they didn't move to the next slums. Your ears perked up after you heard it that you couldn't help but tease her.

"Now what's the fuss all about? Did I just hear (Y/N)?" A certain dark haired female had just appeared from behind the counter, her eyes shifting from Marlene to you. "Oh my god."

You made a sideway smile. "Hey, Yuffie."

"(Y/N)!" She gasped, eyes widening and running towards you to crush you into a hug before pulling away, her face in pure shock. "Jeez, I never thought you'd come all the way here to pay a visit—after what happened in your planet—I—I thought you're really busy so—"

"But I'm here now," you said, glancing at Marlene. "How are you guys doing?"

"More than okay!" Her enthusiasm was somehow returning bit by bit and it made you happy. "We've been taking care of the remaining Insomnians, help them find their own living and get back on their feet. I know you guys are used to where you lived back then, but it takes time. You'll get used to it here." She smiled, gesturing for Marlene to go. The young girl waved you goodbye and went upstairs, Yuffie then turning back to you after watching her leave. "And oh! You see Denzel's not around. . . well, he's out with Cloud just a while ago."

You nodded, trying not to show such expression when she mentioned Cloud. "I see."

"How about you? How are you?" You were glad Yuffie did not divert the subject to him. She grimaced. "We've been worried about you, (Y/N). I mean, fighting off gods is already too much," she whispered. "We could've helped you out there, you know."

"It's fine," you looked down, "we handled it, even if I wished it didn't have to end like that." You repressed the tears that were forcing their way out of their eyes. "If only I could bring their lives back. All of those people who had nothing to do with the wrath of the gods, they're just innocent but they. . ." You trailed off, closing your eyes and taking a deep breath. "I'm really thankful you came to help us back there, Yuffie. I know it's too much, but saving what's left in us is really a lot. I owe you anything."

"No, (Y/N). It's alright," Yuffie told you, setting a hand on your shoulder. "Things merely happen in a way we either expect or not. We just gotta do what we can to make it right."