Chapter 28: Destroying the Hexatheon

The last thing you remembered was the entire Citadel exploding while dust and strong winds hurled towards different directions. You heard the others shouting and yelling, but at the same time you also heard Ardyn's wicked laughter echoing throughout the inevitable chaos.

     "THE FALL OF INSOMNIA. THE RING IS NOW MINE."

     "Argh, cut it!" You groaned, cursing under your breath while holding the side of your head.

     You rose from the pile of ashes within the moist ground, forcing your way out with your heavy breathing. It was the unbearable silence that killed you when you looked around to see no one else but you, plopped amidst the ruins of the Citadel and Eos itself conquered by eternal darkness. Your whole body seared with pain when you mustered the strength to stand up. Cuts and bruises were all over your body, you dared not to touch them and decided to wander about the melancholic ruins. There was no sign of anyone nearby, and it all dawned on you.

     This was it. You had prepared yourself for this in a long time and yet, you felt so afraid. You never expected that the Astrals would capture and kill you this way. You knew to yourself there was no way out. It was only you now, and even if you needed Noctis, frustration surged into you at the thought of promising him just a while back, that you would not get yourself killed. But then you knew you would be eventually, and that was what angered you the most. You could not even produce a single tear as much as you wanted to.

     "JUST SHOW UP ALREADY!" you raged as you looked up the blank sky, as your grip on your saber tightened so much your knuckles turned white, yet it seemed as if you did not feel it. "I KNOW YOU'RE ALL OUT THERE, RIGHT? TO KILL ME? GO ON THEN!"

     No one answered.

     You seethed, screamed and threw your weapon in fury away towards the ground; it disintegrated into crystals. "JUST SHOW UP ALREADY!—COWARDS—THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU NOW?!" A lance materialized in your hand. "ACTING LIKE YOU DIDN'T HEAR ME? STILL CAN'T GET OFF YOUR CRADLES AND SITTING PRETTY 'CAUSE YOU'RE SCARED?" You spun, hurling the weapon only for it to explode in glinting dust after it was countered by a ray of blinding light.

     Your breathing became heavier while you shifted your stance upon seeing the towering, godly Bahamut landing on ground. The Draconian's gaze never left yours, the swords he held in each hand gleaming in the darkness. The ground shook for a moment, causing you to look down and catch countless cracks forming behind you. You cursed as you jumped out of the exploding area, waters shooting out of the ground until another looming and taller deity rose and roared when her eyes locked with yours. Leviathan made a deep growl, making you step back away further.

     There's two of them, you thought, waiting for another Astral to show up, but then there went nothing. However, you knew that you were now stuck between Bahamut and Leviathan. Where you were right now—you were not sure. You hoped this was just an illusion to fool you.

     "I see that the arrogant child is back," Bahamut taunted in Astral language, making you turn to face him. Your jaw tightened while summoning a sword. "Ah, you do not plan to fight us with the weakest weapon, do you?"

     Behind you, Leviathan let out a mocking laugh.

     "The child knows how to play games, M'lord," she taunted. "You might want to let her do her thing before we finish her off for good!"

     The water serpent continued to laugh hysterically but you looked down at your sword. It was the Buster sword similar to the one Cloud has. Your clenched your fist, looking up at Bahamut again. I'm not gonna let them make the worst of me, you thought.