Chapter 27: Imprecation

The petrified faces the people made when you soon entered the palace sent you uneasiness. As soon as the doors closed and all eyes were gazed down on you, you didn't know what to feel. More than that, even the Kingsglaive—your comrades—were giving Prompto a timid look and Cloud a confused expression, and most of all, Noctis. All of them had different reactions plastered on their faces as some closed in while others backed away in fright upon seeing that the missing King of Lucis was back.

     You sure had no idea what to say, but you felt grateful when Cor came rushing to your side in spite of hearing the hushed murmurs of the people all gathered in the hall. He immediately bowed in front of Noctis and then gave you a small hand salute. "Your Majesty! Where have you been all this time? All are worried about you!"

     Noctis pressed his lips to a thin line, feeling uncomfortable at the sight of his own people staring at him. "Not all of them are worried, Cor. It's a long story how I disappeared but what matters is that I'm back now. The walls will soon go strong again," he turned his head towards the crowd, "but we should worry more of Eos being destroyed before we know it."

     A few more glaives came from behind Cor and bowed. Cor's eyebrows knitted. "Eos being destroyed, Your Majesty?"

     "Ardyn is after us," you interrupted, making Cor glance at you. "He might penetrate the palace walls soon as he's now in the city. We've got to stop him."

     "But the daemons, they are all gone except," he eyed Prompto warily, "what happened to him?"

     "He's now a daemon. Half one, but he's okay. We've got to put the people somewhere safe, I can't guarantee the Citadel would be any longer." You paused, not knowing what place could there be. If the Astrals destroyed Eos, then all of its habitants would surely be succumbed to pure extinction as well, and that includes you. You knew it was the only way; there were other people aside from Lucis who should be saved, but you had no choice. This was what you could only do. The glaives had done their part saving their own men and now it was time for you to do what should have been done.

     Your thoughts were disturbed when a pair of glaives pushed their way through the crowd before bowing down. "We've got visitors, Your Majesty," one of them announced, this time the hushed voices coming from the crowd becoming more audible. You arched an eyebrow and sent Noctis a glance.

     "Where are they?" Noctis stepped forward. No more than a moment passed, and two certain persons came into view. Your eyes widened; those five years of no communication with them felt like it did not happen at all when you saw Yuffie Kisaragi and Vincent Valentine emerging from the crowd, the both of them giving a slight bow and Yuffie running towards you. She stopped as she held your arms, her face grimaced to concern and you could see how much creases had formed around her eyes.

     "Yuffie. . ." You trailed off, your eyes flicking towards Vincent whose red orbs stared back at you. "Where—how. . ."

     "We've heard everything, (Y/N). We've missed you so much," Yuffie told you, sighing. You missed her bubbly and bright personality that it was as if it left her drastically; it suddenly reminded you of Prompto. She looked around, and then frowned again. "Where is Tifa?"

     Your heart nearly dropped, looking down, as you remembered your meeting with her and the fact that it had just been a while back. "I. . . I don't know. I'm sorry, guys." You had to change the subject. "I miss you all too, but why are you here?"