Chapter 16 - Laila

-------------------

everybody in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their life because we all overcome the world 

------------------

January 14, 2018: 9.23am

"Alright, Laila. We've got to get going, we need to be at rehearsals by 11," Jade said, her and Laila's lazy mornings staying in their pyjamas until 9 now needed to change, rehearsals and meetings for the upcoming tour and new album were starting and Laila had to come and she wasn't thrilled about the idea. 

"I don't want to go," Laila whined, she had moaned and cried for the past couple of days about having to go to work with Jade, who didn't quite understand before the accident she loved coming to shows with their Mum and even came to the studio one day when she wasn't at school but now she was hating even the thought of it. 

"I know, but you have to because I have to," Jade had talked with her yesterday about getting a babysitter or a nanny if she really didn't want to go but Laila had hated that idea more than the idea of coming with her, "Now come on, we need to get ready," Jade said pulling Laila off the couch giggling and tickling her. 

"Noooo!" Laila whined, attempting to hide her laughter. 

"Come on, you little monster," Jade joked carrying her up the stairs. "Right, what are you gonna wear?" 

"My pyjamas," Laila said continuing to be defiant. 

"You can't wear your pyjamas, proper clothes or I'll chose for you," Jade said not laughing or smiling anymore. 

"I don't want to go," She moaned again rolling over on Jade's bed. 

"Okay, why don't you want to go," Jade attempted a different technique and truthfully wanted to know why Laila was so hesitant and appeared to be scared of going. 

"I just don't," Laila wriggled. 

"Yeah, and what's the real reason..." Jade probed. 

"I want to stay at home and play with you," Laila mumbled quietly. 

"And we can play when we get home and we can play at rehearsals, we can bring some of your toys and I'm sure that the other girls will play with you too," Jade explains. 

"Why can't they come and play here?" Laila questioned. 

"Because we have to go to different places to do rehearsals and meetings and it's going to be fun because it means that we can go on tour and go and see lots of different places and things and people," Jade attempted to make it sound more interesting to a six year old. 

"NOOOO! I don't want to see new people or go new places!" Laila cried. 

"Okay, don't shout. Talk to me, why not?" Jade said calmly. 

"'Cos I don't!" Laila argued back. 

"Stop it," Jade warned, "Why not? What don't you like?"

"I want to just stay with you..." Laila mumbled under her breath, she was scared of being handed off to somebody else if Jade got bored of her... 

"And you will be with me, I promise, but I have to work," Jade explained, she didn't understand the six year olds logic, sometime she didn't want to be anywhere near Jade and now she didn't want to leave her! 

Jade didn't hear what Laila said next, she had walked off with her arms crossed. Jade sighed, she could just get herself ready while Laila calmed down and help Laila once she was done, even if Laila had to go to the studio in her pyjamas she had to go.