Chapter 23 - Leigh Anne's Dinner Date

--------------

if you can't look on the bright side i will sit with you in the dark 

-------------

March 3, 2018: 4.10pm. 

It had been a few days since the 'jealousy' incident, and while Laila wasn't still completely comfortable about sharing Jade and the other girls, it was getting better. She had played with a couple of the other girls and hadn't had anymore violent or meltdown incidents so Jade was calling it a big win. 

"Are we nearly there yet?!" Laila moaned, throwing herself over Jade's lap. 

"Not long now, baby," Jade laughed. They had spent the day travelling between two tour locations, only they had been stuck in traffic and the drive that should have taken just 3 hours was now taking closer to 6 hours. 

And Laila was bored. 

At first it was fun, she watched a Disney movie with Perrie and Jade in the top lounge, she did a puzzle with Leigh Anne and had lunch at the table with some of the others. But now she was over it. Tired, bored and hungry, she just wanted to be free to run and play but obviously on a tour bus that wasn't the easiest thing to do. 

"Come and sit down we'll be there in less than thirty minutes," Jade explained. 

"Can we play?" Laila asked sweetly. 

"What do you want to play?" 

"Play with toys!" Laila laughed. 

"No, let's not get anymore toys out now. We're nearly there, just look out of the window," Jade says. They weren't far away and they knew if Laila get engrossed in playing she wouldn't want to stop once they arrived! 

March 3, 2018: 4.32pm. 

"We're here! We're here! Hotel time!" Laila sang jumping down the steps of the bus that had pulled up outside the hotel for the night. 

"Laila, please be careful!" Jade sighed, lugging both girls 'overnight' bags down the stairs as well as an extra bag for Laila, full of her stuffed animals, toys and blankets. "Don't you dare go near that road!" She shouted afterwards protectively as Laila too much in her own little world twirled towards the road. 

"Come and hold my hand, Laila!" Perrie said having heard Jade panicking. 

"But it's playtime!" Laila bounced coming to stand next to Perrie. 

"You're so cute," Perrie teased bopping the six year old on the nose as Leigh Anne & Jesy joined them and the four girls and Laila entered the hotel lobby. 

"Woah, look at that!" Laila said amused letting go of Perrie's hand. 

"No, no! Come back here," Perrie said quickly reaching back to grab her hand as she started to walk off. 

"But look!" Laila whined pointing towards the fountain display in the middle of the lobby. 

"Yes, I see. We can go in a minute, let's check in first," Perrie explained, following the girls, a number of dancers and other tour members and their tour manager to the check in desk. 

As normal, the four girls and Laila were checked in first (mainly because of the impatient six year old that either needed the bathroom, food or to sleep!) but as the girls were just signing names on the hotel rooms, Jesy and Perrie in one and Jade, Leigh Anne and Laila in the second, the six year old was yet again distracted this time by a large television screen at the opposite end of the lobby. 

"Laila? Do you want to carry the key?" Jade asked knowing that she felt like a 'big girl' carrying the electronic key. "Laila?" she asked turning around fully this time when she didn't respond. "Laila! Where's Laila!" she panicked not able to see her.