Chapter 34 - MakeUp

If you haven't already make sure you check out my newest book, The Stars! :) :) 

--------------

and be sure to keep your light bright and shining you never know just how many people you may be a lighthouse for. you never know just how many people find their way home in even the wildest storms because you are there.

---------------

June 5, 2018: 11.19am. 

"Come on then, Laila Grace!" Jade announced as the bus pulled to a stop outside the toy store entrance. 

"Yes!" Laila shrieked bouncing down the aisle of the bus. She had counted her stickers that morning as she had done for the past couple of days checking that she was getting closer and closer to her goal of thirty eight stickers and had squealed in excitement when she reached the desired number. She knew exactly what she wanted to buy! 

"You need to be well behaved and hold my hand because it might be busy in there, alright?" Jade checked as she helped her down the bus steps. 

"I know, I promised you earlier!" Laila begged. 

"Come on then, shall we look at a dolly? Or some legos?" Jade suggested. 

"No, I know what I want to get!" Laila skipped as the automatic doors slid open and they were met with the loud sound of kids music on repeat and noisy toys playing on top. "Come on!" she said tugging on Jade's hand as she ran between the aisles before finally finding the one she wanted. 

She bounded in front of Jade her eyes skimming the shelves before finally finding a pink plastic case full of sparkly lipgloss, kid-friendly eye shadows, a body glitter and some stick on fake nails. 

"I want this one!" Laila announced holding the toy out to Jade. 

"Are you sure?" Jade hesitated, she was only six years old and she wasn't sure she was old enough for a makeup toy yet. She didn't want her to feel like she needed to have makeup on, especially not at such a young age... and not in the business Jade was in, with social media... There were a lot of thoughts going round Jade's head about the makeup situation. 

"Jade! I want this!" Laila said snapping Jade out of her thoughts. 

"But Laila, it's make up.. and you're only six, I'm not sure you're old enough for makeup yet sweetheart..." Jade explained calmly. 

"But I want it!" 

"I know, but you're only so little and you don't need to wear it, you're beautiful now!" Jade explained. 

"I don't want to wear it! I want to play with it!" Laila explained. 

"Okay, how about we have a look around and see if there's anything else you like and if you still really want this we can get it," she explained. 

"Okay," Laila shrugged, she knew she would still want the makeup kit but she could make a list for her birthday while they were there. 

"What's down here then, oh these look fun," Jade said as they walked down the next aisle. 

"I'm nearly seven! These-" Laila says as she gestures around the aisle showcasing some brightly coloured plastic toys typically for toddlers, "are for babies," 

"Okay, okay," Jade accepted, "What about the baby dolls? Do you want to look at some of them? Or some legos? Or dress up?" Jade suggested. 

Laila shrugged but followed her sister around the toy store raising her eyebrows at her toy suggestions. She really wanted the toy makeup kit.