Chapter 33 - Games and Pictures

-----------------

she saved the best of her for the hearts that understood the worst of her

-----------------

June 2, 2018: 7.45am. 

Perrie had woken early, she was usually the one to sleep in the most and spend the most time in bed but today was the opposite and she found herself downstairs switching the kettle on before eight o'clock in the morning. 

She took one of the few mugs they had on the bus from the cupboard that closed tightly to prevent breakages (although it hadn't done a great job and so far they were three cups down..) and pulled the fridge open for the milk noting the bright pink sticker chart of Laila's blue tacked to the front. The chart, which was only missing one sticker from the past few days after Laila had hidden her broccoli from last nights dinner under the seat, taped next to it was a polaroid photograph of the four girls in their 'stage outfits' from the previous tour stint with Laila in her pink dinosaur pyjamas. Perrie remembered the day well, as shortly after the photograph was taken the tiny girl had thrown such a fit that the group had gone on stage looking like they had run a marathon. 

The day in the photograph was the complete opposite to yesterday, when Laila had sat on Perrie's lap giggling hysterically as she tickled her. 

She flicked the toaster down as she heard little footsteps padding down the stairs. 

"I thought you was Jade," The little voice matching the footsteps said. "I go back to Jade now," Laila whispered. 

"It's okay, you can stay downstairs with me. Let your sister have a bit more sleep," Perrie offered. Usually the little girl would refuse, and squash herself into the bunk next to Jade for a cuddle, but today she shrugged. "Okay," 

"Do you want some toast?" Perrie offered as the toast pinged up. 

"With butter," Laila directed nodding with her thumb in her mouth. 

"Okay," Perrie smiled, she liked this Laila! 

Laila sat and swung her legs innocently while she waited for her breakfast, which Perrie quickly places on the small table on the plastic plate. 

"Thank you!" Laila hums as she tucks into her breakfast. 

Perrie and Laila sit quietly at the table enjoying each others company for a few minutes while they eat, making small talk. 

"Perrie, what's the name that goes in the middle?" Laila asked innocently. 

"What do you mean? The middle of where?" 

"You know! The middle of the other two names? The one that goes after Laila when I'm in trouble!" Laila says exasperatedly. 

"Oh!" Perrie laughs as Laila's explanation, "It's just called a middle name," 

"I know that! I'm nearly seven!" Laila says shaking her head, "What's your one?" She asks pointedly. 

"Louise, my name is Perrie Louise Edwards!" she explains. 

"Oh, mine too!" Laila pointed out swinging her legs. "We're twins!" 

Perrie furrowed her eyebrows looking at the girl curiously, "Your middle name is Grace, Laila Grace..." 

"No, it's not! I'm Louise, like you!" Laila shrugged. 

"Okay..." Perrie smiled, as the child jumped down from the bench. 

June 2, 2018: 8.20am. 

As it neared half past eight, typically everybody would be awake downstairs and just waiting until they arrived at the arena or rehearsal space for the day. But today with Laila downstairs and being entertained by Perrie and Jesy who had emerged from the land of sleep about ten minutes ago.