Chapter 28 - The Final Straw: Part 2

------------

the world is screaming too loud...

------------

April 5, 2018: 9.54am. 

Thankfully Laila's long day had made her exhausted so despite the jet lag she slept until just past 7am, which at six years old was a lie in! 

The family were spending a relaxing day at home having had a full cooked breakfast, they were now sitting the living room on the couch watching morning cartoons. Jade was curled up in the corner with Amara snuggled on her lap. 

"Jade, I wanna sit with you!" Laila sulked. 

"Okay, well why don't you sit up here next to Amara!" Jade offered, not wanting to force Amara to move. 

"No, I think Amara can move and I'll sit there," Laila decided. 

"No-no-no, we're not doing that. That's not fair, you either sit here with Amara or not at all," Jade offered. 

"B-but you like me more!" 

"Hey, stop that! Be nice," Jade warned as Laila dropped to the floor in the living room stropping. Jade could hear Laila muttering under her breath but chose to ignore it and hope that she would move on and change her attitude. 

She continued to sulk and strop for at least another five minutes before she appeared to stop, but as Jade relaxed back into the couch hoping that she had come around to everybody having turns to cuddle, Laila still wasn't convinced. 

"Uh-oh," she announced nonchalantly as a wet patch formed on the front of her leggings. 

"Oh, have you had an accident Laila?" Shireen asked politely. 

"Yes," Laila responded turning to Jade. "I'm wet,"

"I can see," Jade muttered, "Did you do that deliberately?" she asked raising her eyebrows, she knew Laila and she knew that when she did very rarely have an accident she was mortified and often didn't admit to it until Jade forced the girl to change out of the wet clothes, so this was completely out of character. 

"No," Laila shrugged. 

"I do hope you didn't, or you'd be in trouble. You're a big girl now and you don't wet yourself," she scolded lightly knowing that it had been a deliberate act to get attention. 

"Come on Laila, come upstairs and I'll get you changed," Shireen said. 

"No, I-I want Jade," Laila muttered. 

"Go with Auntie Shireen darling, I'll stay here," Jade said, she didn't want to praise Laila's behaviour by giving her the attention. 

"No, I want you! Please!" Laila cried. 

"Okay, fine, come on then. But we're not going to sit and have nice cuddles because I'm not happy," Jade said standing up from the coach and sliding Amara back into their spot. "Upstairs," 

Jade led Laila upstairs and into their shared bedroom for the stay where she pulled a clean pair of underwear and leggings out of the suitcase. 

"Take the wet clothes off then," Jade sighed. "Look you've ruined your princess ones now... right here you go, get dressed," 

Laila quickly stepped into her clean underwear and dry leggings before shuffling towards Jade. "Want a cuddle..." 

"We can have a cuddle later," Jade said coldly. "Next time you go to the toilet when you need to go, we do not wet ourselves deliberately because it's not going to get you the attention you want. Now behave for the rest of the morning and we can have some time together after lunch," Jade compromised.