Chapter 29 - Laila & Ava's Playdate: Part 1

A huge thank you to @Paperclip91 for coming up with the idea for this chapter (and some of my other chapters) and for all of your help generally! 

-------------

a few nice words can help a person more than you think

-------------

April 13, 2018: 1.26pm. 

"Come on then, Laila! Let's go for your playdate!" Jade called to the little girl watching the television in the living room. The six year old dressed in a summery dress and white leggings and her favourite sparkly shoes for the unusually sunny playdate. After Laila's meeting meltdown, Jade had messaged her new friend with some dates to meet up and they had agreed to meet today at a local childrens play area with a restaurant for the adults.  

"Can I bring my Barbie?!" Laila shrieked excitedly. Considering the little girl wasn't so keen on sharing Jade with anyone or anything she appeared to be excited for the outing. 

"You don't really need to because we're going to a playground..." Jade hesitated, "But if you really want to then you can bring it in the car," she decided seeing her little face fall. 

Laila then cheered up as she carried the Barbie doll out towards the car and got herself settled into her seat ready for Jade to help her with the straps. 

"You're in a good mood today, little lady!" Jade pointed out. 

Laila just shrugged as Jade pulled off the driveway and headed towards the playground. They were about half way through their thirty minute journey towards the playground when 'Touch' began playing on the radio.  Laila recognising the song from the many hours she had spent waiting for Jade in arenas and studios began singing along enthusiastically. 

"Laila, who sings this song?" Jade asked curious as to what her answer would be. 

"Perrie!" Laila cheered. "Listen you can hear her!"

"Yeah, I know. And who else?" Jade pressed amused. 

"Mmm- I don't know.." 

"Laila, I sing this song! Remember, I sing with Perrie, and with Jesy and Leigh-Leigh," Jade explained. 

"Oh yeah I know, but Perrie's my favourite," Laila explained bluntly. 

"Oh! Okay, then!" Jade laughed, "Why am I not your favourite?" 

"Well," Laila began appearing to be thinking about her answer, "Because you tell me off all the time!" she announced. 

Jade just rolled her eyes and carry on driving, she didn't even know what to say to that! 

April 13, 2018: 1.55pm. 

Jade pulled the car into the small parking lot of the playground, it was quiet with very few other cars or people visible so she assumed that they were the first to arrive. 

"I don't think they're here yet, so let's go and wait by the entrance," Jade decided helping Laila out of the car and holding her hand tightly. 

"I want you to be on your best behaviour today, Laila, I am going to talk to the others and I want you to be respectful and polite, okay?" 

"Yeah, I know!" Laila said having heard the same line multiple times that morning. 

"And one more thing," Jade said stopping in front of the gate leading through to the playground and restaurant and kneeling in front of the six year old. "If anybody comes up to you and starts talking or tells you to come with them you come running straight back to me. Or if you see anybody taking your picture you come straight back to me, okay?" Jade instructed seriously. It was important for all kids to know about but Jade was particularly aware of people and paparazzi that knew who the little girl was.