Chapter 7

Maya's Pov

"Let me in!" Riley screamed through our door as she bangs on it.

"Hold on!" Lucas yelled as he took a pancake off the plate that had all of the finished pancakes.

"Hey! Did I say you could have one?" I ask as I take it from his hand.

"No, but I figured you wouldn't care considering their done." He said as he got the door while I rolled my eyes at him.

"Hey riles." I say as I take a bite of Lucas's pancake before he took it away.

"Hey! That was mine, thank you very much." He said, walking to the couch with Farkle. I just laugh as I turn back to Riley.

"So. The kids are about five minutes away, and we started to make eggs, bacon, biscuits, and gravy. We burnt the biscuits, undercooked the eggs, and the bacon tastes like it came out of a toilet." Riley pouts as she takes a pancake.

"Why does everyone think I'm just making these for the fun of it?" I ask as Lucas turns around in his seat.

"Because you kinda are."

"Yeah, well, I'm still making them for the kids, but if you guys want some pancakes then you can come over with your kids." I say, putting more pancake batter in the pan.

"Thanks, but Farkle said there is this amazing place that has breakfast burritos and we're just gonna order them when they get here, but I need help cleaning." She said with the puppy dog eyes.

"Sorry, I can't leave these, and Lucas said he still needs to fix some things around the apartment. For example, the light in the hall bathroom keeps flickering. Speaking of that, Hey Lucas, when are you gonna fix things?" I ask him as he starts getting up.

"Now. We just saw the vans pull up with the kids, our kids are all on the third van according to this text from Mrs.Rose, and the first one just arrived." He said, grabbing a lightbulb from the target bag in front of the TV.

"Okay, then hurry!" I say, finishing up the last pancakes. "Oh, and we're eating at Missy's tonight, don't ask, your coming too, and we're ordering takeout. Lucas and I talked and we both don't trust her cooking and I don't feel like having her judge our cooking abilities. So long story short, I guess we are just going to orde- Ouch!" I say as I burn my finger on the pan.

Lucas comes walking in asking "what happened cuddle bug?"

"I burnt my finger on the pan." I say as he comes closer and turns on cold water.

"Hold it under there so it won't blister" he said, holding my hand as the water washed over the burn.

"Awe, he has a nickname for you, that's so sweet." Riley said with her hands over her heart.

"Third van!" Farkle yelled, running out the door, dragging Riley closely behind.

"Bye!" I faintly hear Riley scream before the door slams shut.

"Are you okay?" Lucas asked after they left.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I say as I look up at him.