Chapter 8

Lucas

"Maya, it's time to wake the kids up." I say, gently shaking her awake. While the kids were sleeping we decided to watch some tv, but I guess she needed a little nap too. I watch her as she lifts her head off my shoulder and wiped her cute little face.

" what time is it?" She asks, or mumbles, as she lets her head fall back down on my lap without opening her eyes.

"It's 5: 27" I say as she hides her face in the blanket that she was cuddled in.

"5 more minuts." She mumbled, barely audible.

"Okay fine, but in exactly five minuts your getting up, weather I have to carry you in there or not." I say as she mumbles what sound like  "yeah whatever". I continue watching tv and occasionally looking over at Maya's sleeping figure, until I was interrupted by a phone call.
It must be Mrs. Rose checking up on us, after all, it's the first day and she is probobly wondering if we remembered the dinner.

"Hello?" I ask as I hear some papers shuffling on the other side of the phone.

"Oh, yes is this Mr.Frair?" I hear Mrs. Rose say as I answer.

"Yes ma'am."

"Please inform Maya it is mandatory you two come to school on Friday because we have to get you ready for work. Everyone will start work on Saturday, but there will be some adjustments with some families. You will learn more tomorrow." She tells me as I try to get Maya up again. With her sleeping it's like we have 3 kids, speaking of kids what will we do with them tomorrow?

"What about the kids? Do they go to school or anything?" I ask as she answers my question right away.

"Yes, you will take them to school with you and they will go to a daycare, but starting next week you will be taking them to the Apple Elementry school down town." She tells me as I hear little footsteps running around the back of the apartment.

"Okay, thank you." I say hanging up. If the kids are up then Maya needs to be up as well so we can get ready. I poke her side to see if she is awake in any way and she jumps up and squeals.

"Don't" she wines as she pushes me playfully before burying her face into the couch.

"Okay then, get ready." I say as I poke her once again before getting up. She follows and hits my arm befor passing me and going to Tori's room to get her ready so I walk over to Xavier's to do the same for him.

As soon as I open the door I see him still curled up in the same position he was in before.

I walk over to his bed and sit on the edge as I gently rub his back. "Xavier buddy, it's time to get up." I say as he rolls over onto his back. I thought he was waking up but I guess him and Maya are one in the same because he is still fast asleep. "Come on buddy, you can sleep again in a little bit." I say while rubbing his little tummy. He slowly opens his eyes before whining a little bit.

"Oh no, it's okay, no need for the tears." I say to him in a soothing voice. What he does next surprises me because he reaches his arms up to me like he wants to be held, so that's exactly what I do. While he's in my arms I bounce him a bit so he can wake up a little bit more before I head to his closet where we put his new clothes.

"Okay bud, what do you wanna wear? Dinosaurs or cars?" I ask as he picks his head up off my shoulder. He points to the shirt with Lightning McQueen printed on it before laying his head back down on my shoulder. "Alright, cars it is then." I say more to myself considering Xavier is pretty much asleep again.

"Okay, do you want to stand up and get dressed or lie down on the bed?" I ask him, only hearing a quiet mumble of something I couldn't make out.

"What bub?" I ask him again. All he does this time is whine a little so I take that as he wants to lie down. After I lay him down he rubs his eyes, but he doesn't move anymore after that so his eyes stay covered by his little arms. I think he might fall asleep again, but oh well.